Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I misread your post :)

I was not aware that Tesla accessed the existing nationwide databases... never read that anywhere else.

But if true... they can definitely provide us classic owners with the speed limit on our dashboards, and beep if we are exceeding it!

Now I understand if Tesla doesn't want to add this feature for a finite, or even, dwindling number of cars. But it would be added safety.

Sorry I misread your post :)

I was not aware that Tesla accessed the existing nationwide databases... never read that anywhere else.

But if true... they can definitely provide us classic owners with the speed limit on our dashboards, and beep if we are exceeding it!

Now I understand if Tesla doesn't want to add this feature for a finite, or even, dwindling number of cars. But it would be added safety.
No problem. There's a large thread on this somewhere and as I recall it's a common database used by other companies. Yes, I bet they could find a way based on GPS coordinates.

I AGREE! Please, can we have a setting for disabling auto lock in our garages. Very annoying to have to go back into the house every time I want to get into the car.
While I agree with you and JeffreyY about the usefulness of a home door lock disable setting, my workaround has been to leave the front windows open in the garage (so that I can open the doors from the inside handle). That's ok in mild weather but if I ever want to preheat I will have to stop doing that.

I AGREE! Please, can we have a setting for disabling auto lock in our garages. Very annoying to have to go back into the house every time I want to get into the car.
THIS, THIS, THIS!! As well as having the doors AUTO UNLOCK every single time when I am doing something in my other car parked next to it... not sure how you would achieve this (maybe a time based disable in the app)?

THIS, THIS, THIS!! As well as having the doors AUTO UNLOCK every single time when I am doing something in my other car parked next to it... not sure how you would achieve this (maybe a time based disable in the app)?
One of the first things I did was to turn off auto unlock, since I was also annoyed by this feature. Now I have to touch a front door handle or open the hatch (with the fob present) to unlock the doors.

I created a "Park" profile, which raises the steering wheel, lowers and backs up the seat, and draws in the mirrors. When I am leaving the car, I just change the profile from my name to the Park profile, and it is much easier to get in and out of the car.

I would like to see a backup avoidance collision system that would operate in reverse under 5 MPH that applies the brake before you hit something. Infiniti has this feature.
I agree, almost all recently updated Luxury cars have a backup collision avoidance system, my wife's 2016 Volvo XC90 has it and it is impressive. I expected Tesla to have it as well.

Climate control for rear seat
Heavier interior door handles (not cheap plastic ones)
Sunroof & Rear/Rear Side Window shades
Rear seat center console
Rear seat cup holders and USB ports
Passenger seat profile
Easy Entry/Exit with retractable steering wheel
Bigger sun visors
Ventilated seats for all models with Premium Upgrades Package
XM standard
Pandora
Cold weather package - controls for rrear seat heaters in rear seat
Headlight washers
Auto close doors (Like X)
Folding headrests rear
Adjustable headrests front and rear
Loading hooks in the trunk
Roof grab handles
Hands-free tailgate
Power open/close frunk
Massaging front seats
Head up display
Charge port on both sides of car
360-degree view camera (use AP cams)
Voice control for manual features (Tesla, close trunk | Tesla, unlock doors | Tesla, turn on lights)

I really hope someone who reads this will implement changes to the vehicles

Climate control for rear seat
Heavier interior door handles (not cheap plastic ones)
Sunroof & Rear/Rear Side Window shades
Rear seat center console
Rear seat cup holders and USB ports
Passenger seat profile
Easy Entry/Exit with retractable steering wheel
Bigger sun visors
Ventilated seats for all models with Premium Upgrades Package
XM standard
Pandora
Cold weather package - controls for rrear seat heaters in rear seat
Headlight washers
Auto close doors (Like X)
Folding headrests rear
Adjustable headrests front and rear
Loading hooks in the trunk
Roof grab handles
Hands-free tailgate
Power open/close frunk
Massaging front seats
Head up display
Charge port on both sides of car
360-degree view camera (use AP cams)
Voice control for manual features (Tesla, close trunk | Tesla, unlock doors | Tesla, turn on lights)

I really hope someone who reads this will implement changes to the vehicles
Be sure you've sent your suggestions to [email protected]. As TMC is not affiliated with Tesla, and there have been indications Tesla employees lurk around some of these forums from time-to-time, sending it direct is best.

Reactions: msnow and EdA