Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Select preset Drivers Seat profiles from the app!!! I have to put car seats in my back seat and so I set up a profile that moves the front seat out of the way to make room. Problem is, I have to reach inside to select it. If we could select profiles from the phone I could move the drivers seat out of the way before I walk to the car, and then put the seat back before getting in!

Reactions: pilotSteve
It would be nice to have an option to enlarge the written text on the small screen. I cannot read them unless I put on my reading glasses. There is a lot of room to enlarge the text. It really is the same possibility as in my iPhone, enlarge the text small, medium, large.
I would also like to see the Speed limit icons made larger as it is difficult to see the Blue steering wheel speed limit and to adjust it to the roads speed limit when using FSD, I never had an issue with this until upgrade 2020.48.30 please just increase the size of these icons

I would like to be able to completely disable heated seats. I live in SoCal, don't need 'em and never will. But Dog forbid I'm bumping along on one of our miserable streets, trying to drive and touch the HVAC fan icon (that has mysteriously been located at the very BOTTOM of the screen, where my eyes have to completely leave the job at hand to get even close to it). I finally get the AC on and adjusted, then notice ten minutes later that I'm sweating profusely. Right, I couldn't help hitting the seat heater when stabbing at the fan icon.
I DON'T NEED THIS. That simple. Please don't tell me like I'm a child, "All you have to do is watch what you're doing." It needs to be optional. Period.

I would like to be able to completely disable heated seats. I live in SoCal, don't need 'em and never will. But Dog forbid I'm bumping along on one of our miserable streets, trying to drive and touch the HVAC fan icon (that has mysteriously been located at the very BOTTOM of the screen, where my eyes have to completely leave the job at hand to get even close to it). I finally get the AC on and adjusted, then notice ten minutes later that I'm sweating profusely. Right, I couldn't help hitting the seat heater when stabbing at the fan icon.
I DON'T NEED THIS. That simple. Please don't tell me like I'm a child, "All you have to do is watch what you're doing." It needs to be optional. Period.
you can just the a/c and heat thru the thumb on right side of steering wheel.....push one time and pick either temp to fan speed......also can use voice commands to raise or lower temp and control fan speed......so you dont need to use that big right hand thumb....:D

Discover Software Version 10.0

Is this what you’re looking for? Look at the top feeling lucky feeling hungry.
you can just the a/c and heat thru the thumb on right side of steering wheel.....push one time and pick either temp to fan speed......also can use voice commands to raise or lower temp and control fan speed......so you dont need to use that big right hand thumb....:D
I was having the same problem and found voice command works well for this.

Reactions: IanMcL
I
I had a 2012 Volt. Every voice command worked perfectly. The phone voice command knew who I wanted to call--every time! I love the Model S, but I sure miss that, and am further aggravated by knowing the technology predated my Model S by six years!
Same here. I had a 2010 Honda that had perfect voice recognition and also perfectly controlled the HAVC system. Hopefully all correctable via OAU

Dear Elon Musk;

Can I (we) please have the ability to display the "day / date" on one "or either" of our displays??
"Tuesday Feb. 8"

Thanks in advance!
Additionally, could you put the time zone on every item in the display that is an absolute time? Travelling across the country is fraught with peril every time you cross a time-zone line. You don't know what time it is in the car, and you don't know what it'll be at your destination.

And if you've ever driven in New Mexico/Arizona through reservation country, it's a nightmare. You can go thru New Mexico, Navaho country, Hopi territory, then into Arizona - and be in four different time zones inside of four hours, which disagree on whether they honor Daylight Savings Time.

Additionally, could you put the time zone on every item in the display that is an absolute time? Travelling across the country is fraught with peril every time you cross a time-zone line. You don't know what time it is in the car, and you don't know what it'll be at your destination.

And if you've ever driven in New Mexico/Arizona through reservation country, it's a nightmare. You can go thru New Mexico, Navaho country, Hopi territory, then into Arizona - and be in four different time zones inside of four hours, which disagree on whether they honor Daylight Savings Time.

Not sure if you're being serious or silly. But I'm leaning towards the latter. That said the day and date actually was something that was present on Model S up until version 9 when it went away. many owners complained at the time. But it fell on deaf ears sad to say. my car currently displays two clocks, I have one in the instrument cluster and another on the center touch screen with the ability to display a third clock in the instrument cluster so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that one of those could be replaced with the day and the date.

Dear Elon Musk;

Can I (we) please have the ability to display the "day / date" on one "or either" of our displays??
"Tuesday Feb. 8"

Thanks in advance!

totally agree. As said, it was there, but removed for some idiotic reason. Tesla is all about taking away UI/UX features people like, and adding garbage features nobody needs.

Not sure if you're being serious or silly. But I'm leaning towards the latter. That said the day and date actually was something that was present on Model S up until version 9 when it went away. many owners complained at the time. But it fell on deaf ears sad to say. my car currently displays two clocks, I have one in the instrument cluster and another on the center touch screen with the ability to display a third clock in the instrument cluster so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that one of those could be replaced with the day and the date.

Serious as a heart attack. Try to figure out whether you'll make it to Meteor Crater before closing time from Blanding UT during DST. You call them up, they're open till 6:00. Arizona Time (Mountain Standard time all year round.). You're charging in Blanding - Mountain Daylight time, so the car is an hour ahead. You drive into Arizona, the car switches to AZ time as soon as it acquires an Arizona cell tower. Then you enter the Navajo nation, which honors DST, and the car flips back. Then you go thru Hopi territory (an enclave inside Navajo country) which follows AZ time, it switches again. Then out of Hopi, back to Navajo. Then out of Navajo into Arizona proper. You don't know what the real time is for like 9 hours running. "Do we need to charge? Probably. Do we have time to charge? How should I know?" We charged in Bluff at a J1772 during lunch, but decided we didn't have time to hit the Flagstaff SC too. Ended up doing an hour at an RV park just outside of Meteor Crater to make it back to Flagstaff.

It doesn't help at all that my wristwatch is time-synched to my phone, which also does the time-zone dance along with the car. I guess I could lock in on MST when I'm traveling to have a known reference.

But on any road trip, if you're calling into a Hotel to make reservations and the Hotel is in a different time zone (or you're telling your relatives you'll be on-time for dinner), your ETA local time might be off by an hour. This, of course, implies that the ETA in the nav block should definitely be calculated (and marked) in the local time zone, so it doesn't abruptly change when you cross the line.

It might also be useful for the lines between Time Zones to be prominently displayed on the map. With a big red X over Arizona. Of course if you talk to an Arizonite, he/she will tell you they're patiently waiting for the whole rest of the country to get with the time-sanity program.
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.07.06 PM.png

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Serious as a heart attack. Try to figure out whether you'll make it to Meteor Crater before closing time from Blanding UT during DST. You call them up, they're open till 6:00. Arizona Time (Mountain Standard time all year round.). You're charging in Blanding - Mountain Daylight time, so the car is an hour ahead. You drive into Arizona, the car switches to AZ time as soon as it acquires an Arizona cell tower. Then you enter the Navajo nation, which honors DST, and the car flips back. Then you go thru Hopi territory (an enclave inside Navajo country) which follows AZ time, it switches again. Then out of Hopi, back to Navajo. Then out of Navajo into Arizona proper. You don't know what the real time is for like 9 hours running. "Do we need to charge? Probably. Do we have time to charge? How should I know?" We charged in Bluff at a J1772 during lunch, but decided we didn't have time to hit the Flagstaff SC too. Ended up doing an hour at an RV park just outside of Meteor Crater to make it back to Flagstaff.

It doesn't help at all that my wristwatch is time-synched to my phone, which also does the time-zone dance along with the car. I guess I could lock in on MST when I'm traveling to have a known reference.

But on any road trip, if you're calling into a Hotel to make reservations and the Hotel is in a different time zone (or you're telling your relatives you'll be on-time for dinner), your ETA local time might be off by an hour. This, of course, implies that the ETA in the nav block should definitely be calculated (and marked) in the local time zone, so it doesn't abruptly change when you cross the line.

It might also be useful for the lines between Time Zones to be prominently displayed on the map. With a big red X over Arizona. Of course if you talk to an Arizonite, he/she will tell you they're patiently waiting for the whole rest of the country to get with the time-sanity program.View attachment 636604

Well alrighty then. However that's why I have an old school mechanical self winding "automatic" wristwatch not only is it interesting to watch it run from time to time because it is a skeleton watch, but it can also remain on my home time zone no matter where I go unlike most modern electronic anything that pings cell towers and takes the time from wherever it is.