Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla,

Could you please give us an option to automatically disable auto-dimming mirrors at our home location. Also, can you please give us the option to disable auto-presenting handles at home. I’ve now confirmed that every time I walk into the kitchen with my phone in my pocket, my car unlocks/wakes up in the garage right below the kitchen. Grrrr!!
Quoting myself in the hope it will make any difference. Please, Tesla - think of the children!

Quoting myself in the hope it will make any difference. Please, Tesla - think of the children!
have you tried force quitting the application if you know you are not going to drive? I am probably going to have the same issue with my living room above our garage. Someone mentioned disabling auto-lock at home. But curious if the app is killed in the background and not running in the foreground, it should not auto-unlock via phone key. You would have to launch the application again before your next drive. If I understand the feature.

have you tried force quitting the application if you know you are not going to drive? I am probably going to have the same issue with my living room above our garage. Someone mentioned disabling auto-lock at home. But curious if the app is killed in the background and not running in the foreground, it should not auto-unlock via phone key. You would have to launch the application again before your next drive. If I understand the feature.

No, that doesn't make a difference, I don't think. The Bluetooth connection is still there (in your phone's system settings). So when you get close to it, the phone automatically reconnects, and bam - doors unlock. If the door handles made an even remotely pleasant sound as they extended, it would be something. But gosh if they don't just sound awful.

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
They won’t present if you are not very close to the car. So you being on the second floor above the car won’t trigger them to present.
Except yes it will. I’ve tested this. I walk about the kitchen and my wife has confirmed that pretty regularly the handles present when I’m right above the car.

Not only that, I’d like to be able to do stuff in my garage without the door handles going in and out. Just seems like an easy fix: an option for disable this at home!

Except yes it will. I’ve tested this. I walk about the kitchen and my wife has confirmed that pretty regularly the handles present when I’m right above the car.

Not only that, I’d like to be able to do stuff in my garage without the door handles going in and out. Just seems like an easy fix: an option for disable this at home!
Did your wife have her phone on her when she confirmed that? 😉

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
I stand by my original assertion. From the car to the garage ceiling: 4 feet. Floor and sub floor: 1 foot. Height to phone in pocket: 3 feet.: 8 feet. Even still, 10 feet is not a very far distance to trigger the door handles. It happens to to WilliamG, me, and loads of other people. You're just going to have to accept that, whatever the distance is. We aren't lying to you or making it up.

Reactions: evp
I stand by my original assertion. From the car to the garage ceiling: 4 feet. Floor and sub floor: 1 foot. Height to phone in pocket: 3 feet.: 8 feet. Even still, 10 feet is not a very far distance to trigger the door handles. It happens to to WilliamG, me, and loads of other people. You're just going to have to accept that, whatever the distance is. We aren't lying to you or making it up.
Well it is definitely not doing that with key fob for my S ( handles) and phone as a key with our 3 (it doesn’t unlock the car unless I am right next to the car.

The good news is, if the fob hangs around the car long enough after a while the car ignores it and the handles no longer continue to present.

-Bluetooth headset and game controllers for back seat
-Aracade in back seat for kids while driving
-Where is the old energy tracker for trips. Was very useful.
-When arcade or video on Bluetooth headsets in back , separate audio for front.
So very much this. ^^

And also this...

I owned a 2005 Dodge Charger Daytona. The next year I bought the first SuperBee Charger that Dodge had made since the '70's. Had that one for a year, then got the 2008 SuperBee Charger (the blue one). I really loved my Chargers. Not as much as my (stealth) Model 3 Performance, but they were still fun cars.

One feature that I really find myself missing: The Dodge's built in "Performance Timers." It's been a while, so I don't remember *all* of them, but I do remember that it had: 0-60 timer, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile timers.

And one other sorely missed feature: The ability to fully turn off traction control and do a loooooong, smokey burnout.

I'd love to see various performance timers added to Track Mode, as well as the ability to completely disable traction control to warm up (read: burnout) drag radials (or even slicks) for better traction on the quarter mile track. Ideally, this mode would disable the front motor on AWD cars, so you could do a proper tire warming burnout at the strip.