Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I posted this somewhere else but this seems about equally as good a place for it. I really wish Elon would see it.

I have a real hate-affair with the directional buttons, but I'm nearing a sort of détente with them now and a very simple UI change would actually make me happy: to grow the size of the flasher icons by about 500%, and move them to the top-most edge of the display.

That way I have a prayer of actually seeing them in my peripheral vision while watching the road. You know, so I don't have to look DOWN and away from the road.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

OK, I posted this somewhere else but this seems about equally as good a place for it. I really wish Elon would see it.

I have a real hate-affair with the directional buttons, but I'm nearing a sort of détente with them now and a very simple UI change would actually make me happy: to grow the size of the flasher icons by about 500%, and move them to the top-most edge of the display.

That way I have a prayer of actually seeing them in my peripheral vision while watching the road. You know, so I don't have to look DOWN and away from the road.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Refreshed model s?

Reactions: Missile Toad
This is one I can’t believe isn’t in there, but ability to change Autopilot following distance with left/right clicks on scroll wheel. Model 3/Y already does this. Seems like a no-brainer.
All of the scroll wheel functions from the previous Model S are missing. So I imagine it will eventually be coming, likely to the right scroll wheel since that one is used to active TACC or Autopilot.

Refreshed model s?
Yes, only the refresh has yoke and directional buttons.
I'm surprised there'd be thumbs downs on my post, but no one has explained themselves. I love the car, it goes beyond anything I ever thought I'd be driving. I'm a Tesla fanboi and investor. I took Nameless (my refresh LR) to a meetup and let 14 different people drive it after I'd owned it for a week. I *LIKE* Tesla. I just don't like those buttons and their associated interface. I'm hoping they improve it.

Yes, only the refresh has yoke and directional buttons.
I'm surprised there'd be thumbs downs on my post, but no one has explained themselves. I love the car, it goes beyond anything I ever thought I'd be driving. I'm a Tesla fanboi and investor. I took Nameless (my refresh LR) to a meetup and let 14 different people drive it after I'd owned it for a week. I *LIKE* Tesla. I just don't like those buttons and their associated interface. I'm hoping they improve it.

You may be interested in this discussion: Diagnostic Port Index

Wow, OK, that's one approach to address the issue! Honestly, at this point I'd be happy with the more visible visual indicators on the dash, because the rest of it I can more-or-less adapt to. I can't adapt to things I can't see. A volume control for just the blinker sound that can make it a lot louder than it is now would be equally helpful.

Reactions: SDRick
Hmmm, not much activity here unless I've scared everyone else away?

New wish list item: that the text on the turn-by-turn navigation in front of you were bigger. My eyes are optimized for distance vision so I don't need to wear corrective lenses to drive, but that makes fine print on the dash virtually unreadable to me. I can't see the distance to the next turn, I have to look at the big screen where the font is considerably bigger. I do not appreciate that. There's enough screen real-estate in front to make those fonts bigger. (Just as there is to make the directional flashers 3 times bigger and higher up, but I digress....)

Hmmm, not much activity here unless I've scared everyone else away?

New wish list item: that the text on the turn-by-turn navigation in front of you were bigger. My eyes are optimized for distance vision so I don't need to wear corrective lenses to drive, but that makes fine print on the dash virtually unreadable to me. I can't see the distance to the next turn, I have to look at the big screen where the font is considerably bigger. I do not appreciate that. There's enough screen real-estate in front to make those fonts bigger. (Just as there is to make the directional flashers 3 times bigger and higher up, but I digress....)

Get progressives or bifocals.

• Disagree
Reactions: rkozy and tccartier
Wish list item: The ability to adjust home charger charging rate from the app, rather than having to go in the car to do it. With our solar, I'm often tweaking the charging rate to match current excess production from the panels, or that energy is "wasted" (we have a municipal power company and they only compensate us .25 on the dollar for the juice we export to the grid). It's a PITA to have to go down to the garage each time to do that.

Reactions: tccartier
The ability to adjust home charger charging rate from the app

Version 4.1 of the Tesla app (for both iOS and Android) currently have this ability BUT.. (it's important to highlight this but), the vehicle needs to be on [the yet unreleased] firmware version 2021.36 or up...

20210929_131535.jpg

• Love
Reactions: lzolman
I only have five "Wishlists Items" for Tesla on my 2020 MSP Raven.

1 - Air Conditioning stays in Auto mode when set for Bi-Level vents.
2 - Air Conditioned Seats !
3 - Better camera Stitching View.
4 - Show all log of all warning in Phone App
5 - Back of seat and door pockets.

PS - Don't start playing music when I get off phone call that uses the Tesla Speakers.

M

PS - Don't start playing music when I get off phone call that uses the Tesla Speakers.

M
Number 5 u will need to buy new LR or Plaid

• Disagree
Reactions: rkozy and Flip'nT's

M
Considering that this thread is only for a Software/Firmware wishlist, papa Elon won't be able to grant wishes 2 and 5, as his team of lawyers deemed this not applicable... 😬

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and WhiteWi
New item: ONE-touch access to seat heat/cooling controls that do NOT affect other A/C settings at all.
I am thoroughly confused as to how I turn seat heat on/off without possibly changing the state of the entire HVAC system from off to on or vice-versa.
Every other vehicle on the planet has a dedicated button for the seat heat; why isn't there an icon of the seat at the bottom of the screen? I don't WANT to activate the entire HVAC user interface just to turn on my seat heat!

Reactions: HankLloydRight