Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B-but, don't we already have that? Whenever I get home and pull up to garage the screen automatically shows me the Homelink profile I created to open the garage. I tap and presto, garage opens. Works great. What am I missing? Do you want garage or gate to automatically open?

We have a long driveway and the home link button does not automatically appear until we are almost to our garage door. We like to open the door as soon as we pull into the driveway so we do not have to stop and wait for it to go up. I know, I know, first world problems.

We have a long driveway and the home link button does not automatically appear until we are almost to our garage door. We like to open the door as soon as we pull into the driveway so we do not have to stop and wait for it to go up. I know, I know, first world problems.
I don't have an S (yet) however I see a fairly simple solution to this one... back down the driveway to where you want it to work, and re-program the homelink in that location instead of from within the garage. your new GPS setting should try to use that location instead of inside the garage. (of course be careful of the range of the homelink feature, obviously if you're too far away it may not work, even if your stand-alone garage remote does, they could have different ranges to them)
I'm sure the car has no way of knowing where your garage is for this purpose, only where you programmed the homelink feature.

I don't remember the process off the top of my head but I think it involved climbing a ladder and running back to the car.
Probably, but I'm sure that's nothing that can't be accomplished with two people. and to be honest, realistically if you can't run back to the car in time to make it work, you're also unlikely to be able to get it to work at that range anyway, so there'd be nothing software could do for you. There are various hardware solutions though for such a situation, but basically it involves getting the garage door receiver antenna further down the driveway.

Waypoints with the Navigation.
When you say " Play rolling Stones-Satisfaction" or whatever, the darn car will play the song rather than listing it on the display.
Elimination of the 1 inch lane screen while on the highway. Don't see the point of that.

B-but, don't we already have that? Whenever I get home and pull up to garage the screen automatically shows me the Homelink profile I created to open the garage. I tap and presto, garage opens. Works great. What am I missing? Do you want garage or gate to automatically open?

Yes it does come up by GPS from where you originally program it. I had originally programmed the gate transmitter from the house and it would pop up as I approached the house. Was curious about that but who reads directions? Figured it out when I programmed the garage door. Went back and reprogrammed the gate at the gate location. Actually a bit away from the gate so it pops up before I get too close to the gate. I would still like the option though to automatically transmit at that location for the gate. Just wouldn't work for a garage door.

I would still like the option though to automatically transmit at that location for the gate. Just wouldn't work for a garage door.
I don't see why you couldn't do it for a garage door too. You just have to be careful as to where you program it. If you do it down at the end of the driveway there'd be no risk of it opening the door from within the garage, but it would still do it as you approached while driving home.

I'm new to the forum, just got my S last Saturday and couldn't love it any more. Thinking i'm going to need a radar detector pronto though!

- Would be great if when listening to XM - the steering wheel track up/down buttons would scroll thru every station and not just the favorites. I feel like im gonna crash every time i reach over and touch the arrow to change stations.
- Previews of whats playing on each station from the browse screen would be huge too
- Maybe its coming but alternate routes on the maps would be helpful and seems like it would be easy to add
- A way to text an address to your car or paste into the app that would then load into maps
- A option to auto open your garage door when you're close would be amazing

* Better attenuation. Lower the sound of the music when nav speaks. Right now it stops music from the left speaker, but the right speaker is still going.....hard to hear what nav is saying sometimes without pumping up the volume......
* Separate nav and media volumes. I want navigation to be louder than the radio volume.
* Nav sound should increase with speed. On city roads, I have the volume at 2 or 3 and on highway speed I need to up it to 4 or 5...

+1 on all of this!

I'd like to be able to roll up the windows from the Tesla application. Windows were down on the car and it sucked that I had to run outside in the rain to put them up. I can close the sunroof, why not the windows?

I think this feature is a must for the same reason.
I also would like the key fob to enable both lowering raising all of the windows. It's great to be able to lower them, but a real hassle not being able to raise them back up when your outside car.

I think this feature is a must for the same reason.
I also would like the key fob to enable both lowering raising all of the windows. It's great to be able to lower them, but a real hassle not being able to raise them back up when your outside car.

Could it be very unsafe to power windows closed if you are not in full line of sight view of the windows to ensure no part of any child or animal is exposed to guillotining?

Took my first long trip in the MS today, here are my gripes:

* Scrolling artist/album/song lists from the USB drive -- how about a simple PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN button? When I'm driving, it's very distracting to have to press/hold/scroll the list one "screen length" at a time. Even better would be to set the steering wheel scroll wheel to do it also. But a PAGEUP/DOWN button would be a welcome addition.

* Create an option to SHUFFLE ALL SONGS on USB drive!!!

* No way to set a Favorite AM radio station (as far as I could tell)

* No way to delete an automatically stored charging location. I was charging my car in my garage, and I guess the GPS didn't have a good fix, so now there's an extra "charging location" about 1/4 mile down the street from my actual location. I'm a software developer, and for the life of me, I can't find any way to edit or delete items from this list.

* Allow USB connection to iPhone for music instead of just bluetooth.

* Add a "Regen" counter to track how much energy was generated via regen since the last charge.

* An Inside Cabin temp indicator somewhere. I know it's measured via VisibleTesla, but I can't find a way to display it inside

Took my first long trip in the MS today, here are my gripes:

* No way to delete an automatically stored charging location. I was charging my car in my garage, and I guess the GPS didn't have a good fix, so now there's an extra "charging location" about 1/4 mile down the street from my actual location. I'm a software developer, and for the life of me, I can't find any way to edit or delete items from this list.

This is now available in v5.9. You can display the list, and edit/delete and hit the "X" button that appears to the right of the chargers in the list.