Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Specifications, Teases and Leaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is also the only company with a navigation system that will be able to find the nearest charging station.

Aptera Car Cooler Than iPhone
...an update from Aptera...
The system can show you routes to your desired destinations, as well as how far you can travel before your charge runs out. You can press another button and find all the charging stations along your route.

That's what I meant by "fast and loose". Aptera hasn't delivered any production models, so Tesla might feel they can state they are the only one with a GPS that shows charging stations.

Off topic, I know, but I wonder if the Model S will show the "greenest route" like the Aptera GPS does.

Last edited:
Well Tesla hasn't delivered any customer vehicles with that functionality and it seems Aptera is on track to deliver some of their cars before Model S. So Aptera may well be the first production vehicle on the road with that technology.

Well Tesla hasn't delivered any customer vehicles with that functionality and it seems Aptera is on track to deliver some of their cars before Model S. So Aptera may well be the first production vehicle on the road with that technology.

There is nothing stopping Tesla from putting that technology in a Roadster now. It sounds like a software update for the GPS.

Greentech Media: Green Light » Blog Archive » High Quality, Affordable EVs. Made in China?

From Darryl:

(Fisker has announced a target price of $87,000 for the Karma, which is to be contract manufactured in Finland by Valmet. Tesla has boldly communicated $57,000 as the price for the Model S as they try to position themselves as a mainstream manufacturer, but in reality I expect that price to be close to where Fisker is when all is said and done. Tesla plans to manufacture the car in the U.S.)

Tesla has said there are two different batteries for the Model S. You can get the regular or the BIG battery. I recall the numbers 160 and 300 for miles. But I am not sure.

Yes I recall that also, but knowing the car isn't anywhere near production, I expect the final numbers to change as they near production and have the car ready for the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
225 meets my minimum standards of 200 miles. :)

YEAH !!!

We are converting a 2009 Toyota RAV4 (leather, 4 WDR) to pure EV. It will have 100+ miles of range with regen. 90 mph top speed.
It has already sold to a customer for $60,000. If I wanted to spend another $8,000 on batteries it would be really close to 200 miles of range.

It should be ready by late April or early May and ready for media test drives. I am sure you will read about it.