Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Team October"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/21 LR White/Black interior, 19" wheels

Showing EDD as Oct but now it shows blank. Any luck to get the car in Q4?

No one knows. ;-)

I think we are hoping that those of us that ordered say Apr/May/Jun that were all getting Sep/Oct estimates initially still get our cars on time this year and that the Feb/Mar is due to factory then shutting down to be retooled for Model X+S since they share the same production line from Nov-Dec-Jan even some. That would indicate the new Feb/Mar estimates are for orders now and that they have assigned a cutoff date per say for cars produced before and after.

I went blank yesterday from Oct too, but here is my SA email response just this AM/hour ago. Hopeful but we know how the SAs go. I let them know that I’d take delivery of any blue/white/gray exterior, white/cream interior, 21s or 19s, and anywhere in Texas ;-) hehehe. Totally flexible.

I just checked the timing and I have no guidance on when the car will arrive. I would still say we are on track for the October delivery estimate. Regarding the 21 inch rims. If we delivered a car to you that changes from your original spec in any way, we would need to update the price. I would recommend keeping that configuration. I will keep you posted with updates. Did you have any more questions?

Reactions: cwanja
Updated EDD for LR new orders are now showing next year while Plaid showing Sep-Oct

Attachments

• FE0DCD4B-C1CA-4F23-BD98-4F26D3EED30C.jpeg
    FE0DCD4B-C1CA-4F23-BD98-4F26D3EED30C.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 58
  • EB176FAA-CD25-4B79-81CC-F47CFD953C3E.jpeg
    EB176FAA-CD25-4B79-81CC-F47CFD953C3E.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 41
Question bros… and I know you probably don’t have the answer but if I order a plaid now it’s saying like Dec/Jan, a couple days ago it was like November. Should I just place the order or is there any benefit to waiting to place it (since I’m going to be waiting forever anyways), like maybe diff wheels or more info about car comes out, etc. Or if I slack and wait too long am I gonna be waiting until like June 2023? I’m still kinda on the fence but I want the car and would take delivery.

Updated EDD for LR new orders are now showing next year while Plaid showing Sep-Oct
I placed a new order yesterday on a LR with 21" wheels, showing October EDD as of now still. My old order from like April with 19" wheels is showing blank. I'm thinking I could get the brand new order in weeks versus the old order in months hopefully... would be great, even though had to pay the price increase.

I placed a new order yesterday on a LR with 21" wheels, showing October EDD as of now still. My old order from like April with 19" wheels is showing blank. I'm thinking I could get the brand new order in weeks versus the old order in months hopefully... would be great, even though had to pay the price increase.
In doing some digging, there's a flyover video that zooms on cars in the temp lot. You can see a decent amount of 19" cars there with the new wheels. It seems there's a hold for some reason on them - guessing approval from somewhere. Once that's released, I bet a bunch of orders get filled.

Reactions: travwill
In doing some digging, there's a flyover video that zooms on cars in the temp lot. You can see a decent amount of 19" cars there with the new wheels. It seems there's a hold for some reason on them - guessing approval from somewhere. Once that's released, I bet a bunch of orders get filled.
19s with the new wheels in the temporary lots? Please show me this. The temporary lot has not changed in weeks and the flyovers have stopped zooming in. The initial flyover showed lots of silver 19s. Not dark ones.