Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glare is a zero issue. I specifically was looking for the glare on the screen. The pano roof was open and the sun was exactly behind the car at an angle that would put maximum sunlight on the screen when I was checking for it. The screen had no readability problems. I even pointed it out to my wife and the other lady sitting in the car for the tech demo and both didn't even realize the sun was on the screen until I pointed it out. For what ever reasons, the photos we see of the screen really over emphasizes the glare on the screen. To my eye, there was absolutely no problem with full mid-day California sunlight streaming in through the pano roof at the worst possible sun angle (directly behind the display screen).

Photographing anything behind glass without some sort of reflection or glare is nearly impossible. However, human brain does some complex processing of the image to make it much clearer and ignore the reflections to a certain extent. Glares that you see on pictures of the screen may be completely unnoticeable to the human eye.

Yes, coincidentally, I've been pondering changing my color choice from Sig red to pearl white. Really tough decision. :(
The White pearl was very nicely done, but I was far more impressed with the Sig Red. Same level of deep color with nice intensity. You can't go wrong with either choice, IMHO

To the folks who sat in the betas with the pano roofs outside in the sun this weekend: What is your impression of the light and glare through the sunroof on viewing the 17" screen. Is this a consideration for those undecided between the pano and regular roof?

I didn't notice any glare on the screen, and it was around 2pm, bright and sunny. I opened the pano roof and noted 2 things...
1. The pano roof is ginormous and really opens up the car, almost like a targa top, it also opened fast and quietly.
2. It had no impact on the readability of the screen or dash.

Are the brake lights tinted because it's a performance model or are they all like that and I just haven't noticed?

I agree, that white performance looks outstanding! (Love the dark rims on the white car!)

Looking back at my pictures, the other betas had clear tint on the brake lights. However, it looks awesome tinted on the performance S. Not sure if this is going to be standard or a performance only standard..

Would some with good photoshopping skills edit the white to silver and/or gray? that is my exact car except the white exterior! thanks! :)
o and a comment on painting the spoiler, I'm thinking about adding vinyl wrap to the spoiler and maybe some other parts of the car in a silver or white carbon fiber pattern or something else that my local shop has! its looks amazing to me!
they also have red and blue if anyone is thinking about adding something to the red or blue...anyway...

ETM

Santana Row finally has that White Performance S today. I went there over lunch (for a burger at The Counter), and was happily surprised to see it sitting there. This is VIN 53, which I hear is the same one that was in Newport last weekend.
I have some pics posted here
These pics include a few of the new controls on the touchscreen, the key fob, the tan leather (which is REALLY nice in person), and some other shots. Also, not noted in the pictures is the carbon fibre... I love it. I hate the samples, but in the car it is so much more refined.