Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22836910_z58NQg

I'm mixed on the dry carbon fiber (matte) finish. I've seen other dry carbon finishes, but in the tesla seems to have an overly or extra thick plasticky finish.

Hi Shokunin,

Is this lacewood?

i-J3v24tq-X2.jpg

To the folks who sat in the betas with the pano roofs outside in the sun this weekend: What is your impression of the light and glare through the sunroof on viewing the 17" screen. Is this a consideration for those undecided between the pano and regular roof?

The pano roof will have a sun-shade to pull over the roof (from inside) so that should help.

The lacewood is very textured and in sunlight has a brownish hue to an overall dark (almost black) color. It looks quite good with light reflection, and has a matte patina. It has become a strong contender unless the CF is somehow improved. Not a fan of how it looked in beta#53

Right.. the concern becomes: "how do I know the lacewood in mine will look how I want it to?". We've seen a few variations it seems.

The white looks outstanding and probably my favorite. If the Roadster I have wasn't already white with CF accents, I'd probably go that route. The Signature Red looks amazing too though so can't really go wrong.

as they giggled madly at their frustration ;)

Was the trunk/hatch cracked a bit or is that more of me "seeing the lines"? Same with the hood near the lights.

The rear trunk as well as the passenger door were visible misaligned in relation to their adjacent body panels; I posted in another thread about my disappointment with Tesla continuing to have fitment issues (and publicly displaying the cars) this close to RC production.

To the folks who sat in the betas with the pano roofs outside in the sun this weekend: What is your impression of the light and glare through the sunroof on viewing the 17" screen. Is this a consideration for those undecided between the pano and regular roof?

Glare is a zero issue. I specifically was looking for the glare on the screen. The pano roof was open and the sun was exactly behind the car at an angle that would put maximum sunlight on the screen when I was checking for it. The screen had no readability problems. I even pointed it out to my wife and the other lady sitting in the car for the tech demo and both didn't even realize the sun was on the screen until I pointed it out. For what ever reasons, the photos we see of the screen really over emphasizes the glare on the screen. To my eye, there was absolutely no problem with full mid-day California sunlight streaming in through the pano roof at the worst possible sun angle (directly behind the display screen).

Glare is a zero issue. I specifically was looking for the glare on the screen. The pano roof was open and the sun was exactly behind the car at an angle that would put maximum sunlight on the screen when I was checking for it. The screen had no readability problems. I even pointed it out to my wife and the other lady sitting in the car for the tech demo and both didn't even realize the sun was on the screen until I pointed it out. For what ever reasons, the photos we see of the screen really over emphasizes the glare on the screen. To my eye, there was absolutely no problem with full mid-day California sunlight streaming in through the pano roof at the worst possible sun angle (directly behind the display screen).

blurry.PNG

YEEEEEAH :wink: