Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5385.png

Seems that HW4 cars are now getting off factory firmware and onto production build. Hopefully this includes vision based park assist for HW4 vehicles!

Just did Ceramic Window tints, thought people might want to see some photos. I used Kavaca Ceramic 55 on the side windows (and rear I think) and 70 on the front. Cuts the UVA and UVB by 99% supposedly. I didn’t want to go too dark but with a black interior it looks just about perfect to me. I will update with some full sun photos if anyone wants to see them.
IMG_7400.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    991.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_7399.jpeg
    IMG_7399.jpeg
    941 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_7383.jpeg
    IMG_7383.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_7382.jpeg
    IMG_7382.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7380.jpeg
    IMG_7380.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_7378.jpeg
    IMG_7378.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 240
I'm sure liking the new machine! Did a little iPhone video for you boys waiting on yours.

:cool:

Looks great. I love the red brakes and the lighter sunroof. Since I don't use FSD, I am ok without HW4, and all the rest of the stuff is on my Nov build 2023, such as the matrix headlights, new taillights, fog lights, bigger rear screen, tilt center screen, etc. And now I have a round wheel.

But I thought I was going to lose my mind because your panel gaps looked so perfect in the other video. It's really not a Model S Refresh without wonky panel gaps somewhere on the car, and mine were hideous front and rear, but at least the doors and glass were ok.

I can see now that your hatch is wonky, so welcome to the official Refresh club! It can be adjusted to look better.

Your trunk is shifted a little to the left, which is super easy to adjust by moving the striker a tad to the right.

1680753088221.png

The right side at the top is a little high compared to the left side at the top, and that's a bear to fix, but I put up some DIY info on how to adjust the height at the top. My SC refused to touch it because they have to remove and replace the back glass with a new one to do the job, but I found out how to do it without removing the glass.

1680753200307.png
1680753437744.png

This is a weird one, but it looks like they somehow cause the right rear quarter panel to stick out at the bottom near the Plaid badge. Not sure how you fix that. May have to bend the metal panel back in. Compare left to right.

1680753243158.png
1680753309191.png

The right side is a little high on the bottom side compared to the left side that is a little low. That's easy to fix by adjusting the bump stops, along with the height of the striker for the latch.

1680753344421.png
1680753374410.png

Yours is not terrible, but because mine was so hideously bad, and the SC refused to fix it, I had to become an expert in rear decklid adjustment on my own. It's impossible to get a perfect fit because the panels are no longer shaped correctly, but it can be tweaked to be unnoticeable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: bobusn and CaptUAL
Looks great. I love the red brakes and the lighter sunroof. Since I don't use FSD, I am ok without HW4, and all the rest of the stuff is on my Nov build 2023, such as the matrix headlights, new taillights, fog lights, bigger rear screen, tilt center screen, etc. And now I have a round wheel.

But I thought I was going to lose my mind because your panel gaps looked so perfect in the other video. It's really not a Model S Refresh without wonky panel gaps somewhere on the car, and mine were hideous front and rear, but at least the doors and glass were ok.

I can see now that your hatch is wonky, so welcome to the official Refresh club! It can be adjusted to look better.

Your trunk is shifted a little to the left, which is super easy to adjust by moving the striker a tad to the right.

View attachment 925544

The right side at the top is a little high compared to the left side at the top, and that's a bear to fix, but I put up some DIY info on how to adjust the height at the top. My SC refused to touch it because they have to remove and replace the back glass with a new one to do the job, but I found out how to do it without removing the glass.

View attachment 925545View attachment 925554

This is a weird one, but it looks like they somehow cause the right rear quarter panel to stick out at the bottom near the Plaid badge. Not sure how you fix that. May have to bend the metal panel back in. Compare left to right.

View attachment 925546 View attachment 925547

The right side is a little high on the bottom side compared to the left side that is a little low. That's easy to fix by adjusting the bump stops, along with the height of the striker for the latch.

View attachment 925548View attachment 925549

Yours is not terrible, but because mine was so hideously bad, and the SC refused to fix it, I had to become an expert in rear decklid adjustment on my own. It's impossible to get a perfect fit because the panels are no longer shaped correctly, but it can be tweaked to be unnoticeable.
Oh the gaps don’t matter….We just use it as a glorified golf cart on the ranch. 😜

• Funny
Reactions: jon0351 and TheGuru
Order was updated with VIN and delivery for Apr 10- Apr 19. Trade in value offered was lower than the lower end of the trade in estimate - I have asked them to run it again but not sure if they will budge.
Congrats on getting a VIN. I am jealous.

I am getting a bit frustrated here. I ordered on the 7th and changed to Ultra Red the same day it was announced. EDD was "March." Then changed to "April 04- April 25." Now it just updates every day that passes. So now it's April 06 - April 25. I have no trade and live in LA. Still no VIN. Grrr. lol

First world problems, I know...

Congrats on getting a VIN. I am jealous.

I am getting a bit frustrated here. I ordered on the 7th and changed to Ultra Red the same day it was announced. EDD was "March." Then changed to "April 04- April 25." Now it just updates every day that passes. So now it's April 06 - April 25. I have no trade and live in LA. Still no VIN. Grrr. lol

First world problems, I know...
My EDD also kept updating like yours is...and then boom - VIN. Hang in there...all the best

Reactions: TheGuru