Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I’ll drive down that way tomorrow. No promise but weather report looks good and sunny (then another atmospheric). So if I go down what do you want to see? That is of course unless some lucky new owner in Bay Area who ordered with black interior beats me down there and drives it home 😉.

At Gilroy, CA store/Svc picking up our Model S in for some yearly maintenance and couldn’t help but see this in the lot!

View attachment 921654

Not a red fan in general but this is pretty stunning to see. Definitely get you noticed!!
Looks so nice! Reminds me of the signature red.

C03D3486-CEB1-481C-AD63-3A1B2CA7D892.jpeg

Update: Ordered 3/8. MSLR, Ultra Red, 21”, Steering wheel, black int. VIN 3/26. Delivery scheduled 3/29 in Dublin CA. A little concerned as it will be raining that day. Pretty hard to look at imperfections in the paint with rain on car. Ideas?

Update: Ordered 3/8. MSLR, Ultra Red, 21”, Steering wheel, black int. VIN 3/26. Delivery scheduled 3/29 in Dublin CA. A little concerned as it will be raining that day. Pretty hard to look at imperfections in the paint with rain on car. Ideas?

Ideally, you could dry it and then inspect it... but if it is wet, it may have been driven in the rain, and drying it without washing it first could lead to scratches. They may scratch it if you ask them to wash and dry the car. Maybe ask them if you can wash, dry, and inspect it yourself.

Reactions: Macbest and TheGuru
You have 24 hrs to note defects. Bring an umbrella and streamlight and concentrate on the hard stuff like interior and exterior panel and trim gaps, underbody damage.

If you can get the car under a shelter or overhang, 5-7 microfiber towels will be enough to dry off the car and look for major paint defects.

Even if the SvC offered to fix a paint chip, I would not let them do it. Doubt if the touch up paint is available at the SvC.

Check Dr Color Chip for the UR paint kit.

Reactions: Nickos and Macbest
You have 24 hrs to note defects. Bring an umbrella and streamlight and concentrate on the hard stuff like interior and exterior panel and trim gaps, underbody damage.

If you can get the car under a shelter or overhang, 5-7 microfiber towels will be enough to dry off the car and look for major paint defects.

Even if the SvC offered to fix a paint chip, I would not let them do it. Doubt if the touch up paint is available at the SvC.

Check Dr Color Chip for the UR paint kit.
Thanks for these suggestions. Just checked Dr Color Chip doesn’t have Ultra Red in stock just yet.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne