Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate for a Midnight Silver Metallic Model S LR changed from March 26-31 to just March a couple of days ago, and today it changed to April 14 - May 19. :( Still no VIN. So it isn't just Plaids and/or Ultra Red cars that are getting delayed.
I had my EDD slip 8 months to the right last year. I'd say you got it good, with a good chance of avoiding an EOQ delivery.

Reactions: jon0351
Just reading that if you take delivery before end of quarter Tesla will give you 10,000 supercharger miles? Can anyone validate with your service rep? I have a question in since i take delivery on Wednesday.
Electrek reported that today. Where does Tesla advertise these promotions? Incentives only work if people know about them. 🙂

BTW, even though my delivery estimate changed from March to April-May, the Model S custom order web page still shows March. Guess I won’t be getting the bonus supercharging miles.

Just heard back from my advisor; as long as you "qualify" i.e., to accept delivery of a new or demo model s or x by March 31, then the free 10,000 supercharger miles; good for two years. No transfers, etc. Miles added to your app by April 7. Specifically says that if you took delivery before March 25, then doesn't apply. And if you slip to April 1 it also does not apply. SO clearly a quarter end push.
If you look at existing inventory for a model s or x on the website, the message now pops up. It wasn't there earlier today. I guess you would have to be looking for a Tesla now to see this and have to move fast.

How did it look in person compared to older red?
Brighter deeper color. In afternoon sun my first solo photo posted of it was taken around 4pm. Maybe it has more blue undertones to it that give it a richer red to my eye, less orangey maybe. The photos don’t do it justice and were taken on my old iPhone Xs Max which is still a good camera but I know newer models can capture more depth.

Hope you get to see one in person.

Brighter deeper color. In afternoon sun my first solo photo posted of it was taken around 4pm. Maybe it has more blue undertones to it that give it a richer red to my eye, less orangey maybe. The photos don’t do it justice and were taken on my old iPhone Xs Max which is still a good camera but I know newer models can capture more depth.

Hope you get to see one in person.
Still seems like the calipers are the old MC red against the new ultra. Is that how it is in person? Cause that’s a miss imo!

FBBA46AE-9B73-44A2-B1EB-80E103615EBF.jpeg

Update: Ordered 3/21. MSP. Ultra Red, 19”, Yoke, Beige, Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS., (VIN 5YJSA…5082..). Trade in offer accepted, Insurance-updated, EDD MARCH 30-31 . Palm Springs, CA. Wow- Ordered 3/21 and built on 3/23 ! It will be interesting to see if they really deliver by 3/31 and just possibly get the 10,000 mile free super charging? I’ll believe it when I see it 🤣🤣

IMG_5835.jpeg

Just dropped outta the Ultra Red waiting room. Tesla in Devon Pa had a Midnight Silver S with cream interior on site that I will pick up on the 30th and get the 10,000 supercharge miles. I can always wrap the car ( partially paid for by the decrease in price ) and I was worried that the bright red would be a cop/Tesla hater magnet. Just have to wait for the updated Tesla offer on my 2019 Model 3

Just dropped outta the Ultra Red waiting room. Tesla in Devon Pa had a Midnight Silver S with cream interior on site that I will pick up on the 30th and get the 10,000 supercharge miles. I can always wrap the car ( partially paid for by the decrease in price ) and I was worried that the bright red would be a cop/Tesla hater magnet. Just have to wait for the updated Tesla offer on my 2019 Model 3
Does the inventory car have HW4 (if it matters to you)?

Once my estimated delivery changed from March to April/May, Tesla tried to get me to take an inventory car, but so far I haven’t taken the bait. If they had an exact match with low miles ( <100 or so) I would consider it.

Picking up a demo MSP black interior with wheel and 19s with less than 5 miles tomorrow. Exactly what I wanted except for the wheel but I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to find other people's yokes if I decide to swap from the wheel :) I'm in SoCal and the car is in Gilroy, possibly was the one that another user photographed in this thread earlier.
My rep wanted me to take this exact vehicle yesterday. I was very tempted. My biggest reasons why I didn't was the wheel and the fact that it was in Gilroy and would have to drive it back to LA myself. I don't want to drive it that distance without first getting the ceramic paint coating applied.

I am glad it's going to a good home and someone will get the 10k charging miles.

My rep wanted me to take this exact vehicle yesterday. I was very tempted. My biggest reasons why I didn't was the wheel and the fact that it was in Gilroy and would have to drive it back to LA myself. I don't want to drive it that distance without first getting the ceramic paint coating applied.

I am glad it's going to a good home and someone will get the 10k charging miles.
Hah thanks. I actually wanted to do the drive! I picked up my first MS 6 1/2 years ago from Fremont and did the factory tour followed by the drive down the coast. 2nd lease was during the first month of the pandemic and didn't even enter the home-delivered car for 3 days. Looking forward to driving a Plaid for the first time. the 10k miles is a nice bonus but the promotional lease rate was my big incentive to try and get the car ASAP. Savings is around $140/month on the lease 36/15k. Where are you getting the coating done? I plan on tinting the windows and also based in LA.

Reactions: SMAlset and Nickos