Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else whose EDD changed from March to April/May (April 14 - May 19 for me) get a VIN yet? My EDD changed near the end of March. My trade in offer expires April 20 so I hope something happens before then. Order placed March 17 (MSM LR), in FL.
No VIN still.. my EDD just keeps changing. I’m currently at 4/4 - 4/24. My loan offer expires tomorrow and it’s now at a slightly higher rate.. order date was 2/5.

Won't be hard to find someone to swap with you +cash down the road if you ever want the wood. Although you could have sold the CF to get a lot of the cost back if you had kept your original parts.

I’ll message them through the app, but sent them 2 messages about my tires and zero Response. Tesla customer service for you. Ridiculous you can’t even talk to someone from dealership on the phone

Reactions: aerodyne
I ordered my Tesla MSP on March 18th and received my VIN today. Before I could proceed with the delivery, Tesla made me accept the following statement:

"Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility. better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon. Smart Summon. and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future. your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates."

This is really making me second-guess my decision to order FSD. Once I accepted the above terms, I could see my new VIN and there is a button to remove FSD. I am struggling more than I thought I would with the decision to order FSD. I am leaning towards removing it since it seems that many of the features I want are not available. With Tesla's history of broken promises, keeping FSD on my order seems risky.

Joe

I’ll message them through the app, but sent them 2 messages about my tires and zero Response. Tesla customer service for you. Ridiculous you can’t even talk to someone from dealership on the phone

Yes, and probably the number one reason they are having to drop prices to move these $100K cars. Word gets around that you will be treated like dirt after handing over a huge amount of money.

I ordered my Tesla MSP on March 18th and received my VIN today. Before I could proceed with the delivery, Tesla made me accept the following statement:

"Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility. better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon. Smart Summon. and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future. your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates."

This is really making me second-guess my decision to order FSD. Once I accepted the above terms, I could see my new VIN and there is a button to remove FSD. I am struggling more than I thought I would with the decision to order FSD. I am leaning towards removing it since it seems that many of the features I want are not available. With Tesla's history of broken promises, keeping FSD on my order seems risky.

Joe
I understand your concern here. I have FSD on my M3P and from my experience, it's not worth it at this point. Even if all the features were still functional, I would not purchase FSD again. When I ordered my new MSP I debated it for about 2 minutes. I decided against it. Enhanced AP gives you almost everything you need. And without USS, that may not be worth it.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: lowtek
Thanks for this feedback. Does anyone know if I can participate in FSD beta testing if I did not order FSD?

I understand your concern here. I have FSD on my M3P and from my experience, it's not worth it at this point. Even if all the features were still functional, I would not purchase FSD again. When I ordered my new MSP I debated it for about 2 minutes. I decided against it. Enhanced AP gives you almost everything you need. And without USS, that may not be worth it.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Did anyone else whose EDD changed from March to April/May (April 14 - May 19 for me) get a VIN yet? My EDD changed near the end of March. My trade in offer expires April 20 so I hope something happens before then. Order placed March 17 (MSM LR), in FL.
No, same situation. Changed my January 18 order on March 10 to Ultra Red, and got placed in the back of the queue. EDD is April 15 - May 20. No VIN.

Joe

I treat FSD like some other things.

Do the subscription first, once they have a release that actually works.

"if it floats or flies, rent don't own"

Reactions: TheGuru
I used my Google-fu and answered my own question. No FSD-Beta testing unless you ordered FSD.
Correct, and I agree that EAP is the way to go. I have FSD on both of our current Teslas, but purchased EAP for my new S. You can always subscribe to FSD temporarily for $100/month (if you have EAP) if you want to play with the Beta or use it on a road trip. Even if you subscribe every month, it would take 90 months before you paid the $9k premium you would pay up front. Are you going to keep your car that long?

I realize the subscription price can go up, but it hasn't happened yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: TheGuru
Yes, and probably the number one reason they are having to drop prices to move these $100K cars. Word gets around that you will be treated like dirt after handing over a huge amount of money.
It’s seriously insane after owning Porches, Mercedes, BMWs, that I cannot talk to anyone at actual dealership on the phone! I wanted them to check front tires, as I know they prob need to be replaced. They of course didn’t replace it or give me any feedback. No one to call about them not giving me my wood trim back.

Reactions: aerodyne
That seems a bit odd. My order date was about 1.5 months later than yours, and my VIN is assigned. What options did you order?

MS Plaid, white interior, 19" wheels, and yoke steering. I kept the basic autopilot as I would much rather subscribe than pay the $15k upfront.

Maybe it's because I am in the LA area and it might be based on location and cars available... oh well!

It’s seriously insane after owning Porches, Mercedes, BMWs, that I cannot talk to anyone at actual dealership on the phone! I wanted them to check front tires, as I know they prob need to be replaced. They of course didn’t replace it or give me any feedback. No one to call about them not giving me my wood trim back.

It's insane and down right rude. My recommendation to you is to just drive to the SC to find some hip and snarky punk to talk to about the issues. Calling is next to hopeless.

Reactions: Propofoln