Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a delivery date. Picking it up on Sunday April 9th. Just two days away. Very excited.

Does anyone have advice on making the final payment? I don't feel great about making the digital payment VIA Plaid before I see the car. However, if I wait to make the digital payment the day of, will that hold up my delivery?
Should I just go to the bank and have them cut a check?

I am sure there is a thread for this. I can search.

You should be able to bring a cashier's check... I wouldn't pay online now especially if you aren't happy with what you see during delivery.

Also documented here is you absolutely can get a better price than Tesla trade in.
My trade in offer from Tesla was much higher than offers from Carmax, Carvana, and Driveway. I could sell it privately for a bit more, but it wouldn't be worth the effort considering the sales tax difference. Sometimes Tesla will offer less than the alternatives, but don't assume that's always the case.

Also documented here is you absolutely can get a better price than Tesla trade in.
As case in point, Here is a surprise. I picked up my 2023 refresh on 3/29. Traded in my model s 2018 (P100D, 21”, FSD, 33K mi) for $54K. They just posted my old car on their website today for $77K! No way it is worth that with the latest drop! So for those on the fence once they give you a trade in amount and it feels too low, more likely than not you can easily sell it on your own for more. Will watch to see if they drop the price over the next few weeks.

Yes after a wait of more than 1,5 year my car will be on the Hoegh Copenhagen. Arrival in Belgium 21/04.
First car with Ultra Red to EU :)

Anyone know if it's possible to check build date with VIN or can only Tesla confirm this?

Schermafbeelding 2023-04-08 093635.png

When I received my VIN, I texted Tesla and asked them for the production date. My production date was April 03, 2023, so I assumed that my car has HW4. I read somewhere that HW4 started in March (I assume, March 1st… but I have no idea), so if your car has an April production date, you are probably safe. I suspect that one of the real experts here will correct me if I am incorrect.

Joe

Anyone knows if it's possible to check if my car has HW4 (and maybe the new glass roof)?

When I received my VIN, I texted Tesla and asked them for the production date. My production date was April 03, 2023, so I assumed that my car has HW4. I read somewhere that HW4 started in March (I assume, March 1st… but I have no idea), so if your car has an April production date, you are probably safe. I suspect that one of the real experts here will correct me if I am incorrect.

Joe
All cars built from mid January are HW4

I installed my Tesla wall charger today: 60 amp Double D breaker and 4/3 NM-B (4 AWG, 3 wires plus bare ground insulated). The hardest part was getting the stranded 4 AWG wire to bend through the connectors and the insulated conduit. Powered the wall charger up, programmed it, let it do a firmware update, and all is working. Now all I need is a Tesla to connect it to. :)

Joe

Reactions: ICUDoc and TheGuru
I called the SC to move the pick up date to today instead of Easter Sunday and they happily obliged. I'm fully expecting gaps and cosmetic issues, but hopefully it won't be too obvious!

Nvm, got a call that there was a "scratch on the bumper" so they need to move it back a full week since the whole bumper needed to be replaced. I told them I do not want that vehicle and I'll just wait for the next car. VIN# 510491