Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s seriously insane after owning Porches, Mercedes, BMWs, that I cannot talk to anyone at actual dealership on the phone! I wanted them to check front tires, as I know they prob need to be replaced. They of course didn’t replace it or give me any feedback. No one to call about them not giving me my wood trim back.
I don’t think Tesla has any intentions of being Porsche. They’re targeting low cost high volume to crush the legacy automakers. Customer service is an afterthought to them. Once you accept vehicle, on to the next potential customer.

My delivery date just pulled in and the range narrowed. It is now April 16 - April 25. I suspect Tesla must have put the vehicle on a transporter from CA to NC and they are getting a better estimate of the delivery date. I am trying to prepare myself to say no to the delivery if there are any issues. It worries me a bit that I have seen damage on cars delivered in CA and my car has to go all the way to NC. Well… the worst thing that can happen is I drive two hours to Charlotte NC with a helper and then have to drive two hours back. :p

Joe

Reactions: aerodyne
My delivery date just pulled in and the range narrowed. It is now April 16 - April 25. I suspect Tesla must have put the vehicle on a transporter from CA to NC and they are getting a better estimate of the delivery date. I am trying to prepare myself to say no to the delivery if there are any issues. It worries me a bit that I have seen damage on cars delivered in CA and my car has to go all the way to NC. Well… the worst thing that can happen is I drive two hours to Charlotte NC with a helper and then have to drive two hours back. :p

Joe
Has anyone had an ultra red that wasn't above expectations yet? Seems like these particular vehicles (mine included) are exceeding expectations when it comes to fit and finish (granted, said expectations are not the highest). Also, no picture I have seen yet does the color justice. In person, it is simultaneously bright red, dark red, and a splash of purple. It's a stunning color.

Has anyone had an ultra red that wasn't above expectations yet? Seems like these particular vehicles (mine included) are exceeding expectations when it comes to fit and finish (granted, said expectations are not the highest). Also, no picture I have seen yet does the color justice. In person, it is simultaneously bright red, dark red, and a splash of purple. It's a stunning color.
The chicks really dig it too, much more than my previous white one👍😎🤣🤣
So far I’ve been told the color is Sick, Dope, Bitchen, Out-a-sight, Gorgeous, Sexy and Groovy.🤣

IMG_5935.jpeg

One person in this thread sent one back with a scratched bumper, but this is the only issue I have seen reported.

Joe

One person in this thread sent one back with a scratched bumper, but this is the only issue I have seen reported.

Joe

Yep, 2 hours before I was supposed to pick up the car they called me and told me there was a scratch on the bumper and they had to replace it. They tried to reschedule it for one week out but I told them I’m refusing that VIN.

I never actually saw the car, for all I know it might’ve had near perfect gaps and paint and the damage was from the SC.

They just took the VIN off my account yesterday and today my EDD updated to April 12 - 28.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
Thanks for the suggestion, but I should clarify, I meant the rear plate. In PA we don’t need front plates so right now I have the blank red plate rectangle thingy in my front until I decide ti either remove it or get a custom front decorative plate. for my actual plate on the back I was thinking something like this: https://a.co/d/5jXM4yw
My car came with a nice black TESLA frame in the back?

Got my VIN today. Tesla sent me an email at 7:15 pm stating I received a VIN.

Little recap:

3/12: ordered, EDD March 2023
3/20: EDD changed to April 14 - May 26
3/26: EDD changed to April 15 - May 20
4/13: got VIN, EDD changed to April 28 - May 5

MSP, black interior, steering wheel, 19” wheels, no FSD/EAP, located in PA