Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 'What If' photochop amalgams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a comparison of the two mockups with the teaser that started it all; Tesla is sure getting a lot of mileage out of that one photo! (straightened the images with the wheel tops as reference and then drew boxes attempting to line up just under the outside rear view mirrors). It seems that neither artist's rendering raised the tail quite enough, however, they're still quite nice. Tesla might also have done something under the cover to camouflage the actual profile. Can't wait for the March 26th unveiling - spare tickets anyone?!

attachment.php?attachmentid=162&d=1235601708.gif
TeslaWiredLeftlane-compare.jpg

Last edited:
I think there is most certainly some bunching of the cover in these areas. Especially since we can see the rear quarter panel extending out from the back of his leg. It simply can not be hanging correctly. That is why I am going with the LL depiction. Plus Wired's is more of a slope down and back up again with kind of a swope in the middle which none of the photos released so far support. So maybe the rear roof line was consealed in some way. Dimensions and the cover don't seem to be matching very well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165&stc=1&d=1235657821.gif

Attachments

• Model S Peak bunching (Small).JPG
    Model S Peak bunching (Small).JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Looks amazing!! :biggrin::biggrin:I never understood why people thought the Karma was attractive... Its front end is WAAAY too long, almost batmobile proportions. Though I've noticed any promo shot uses clever angles to disguise it. (And of course, the mustache grille...)

This render made me squeal like a fangirl, haha. Not so sure about the color tho, silly artists...

Seriously though, HOW do these people make these things?? *jealous*:mad:

I think the original one I did and Mazda 6 ended up being closest:

Mazda6 (blended with the front end and wheels of a Model S prototype):
3280946630_ccc58f7921.jpg

Maserati Quattroporte Bellagio Fastback (blended with the front end and wheels of a Model S prototype):
3276155430_5f12e8bc76.jpg

Funny how if you make the point of the rear most side window end up behind the rear wheel line and if the rear hatch bulges up just enough people start calling it a wagon instead of a fastback sedan.

Last edited: