Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I think we’ve had confirmation only from new MS owners. Are the new MX also coming with the intel MCU?
Can someone who took delivery recently confirm that, please?

Geez guys & gals I don't know what the deal is with all this "confirmation" I've told you directly from the source no need to speculate just need to see if your car incoming has it or not. Also this update is for both the S and X confirmed by me and I will put money against anyone who doubts my info ;)...or drinks!

Geez guys & gals I don't know what the deal is with all this "confirmation" I've told you directly from the source no need to speculate just need to see if your car incoming has it or not. Also this update is for both the S and X confirmed by me and I will put money against anyone who doubts my info ;)...or drinks!

it's just something else entirely to see it.

I mean, You could tell me that my model S had been built and is waiting for me to pick her up, but there's just going to be something about seeing it for myself.

Reactions: BLKTSLA
My SC has ordered a new MCU for my yellow ringed MX screen. Needless to say, I’ll be working with them to see if the new part can be dropped in before they install. Two weeks ago they told me the part was on back order. Could mean they ran out of Tegra ones and are waiting for refurbs or they are waiting on new x86 ones.

Thinking how this could be true. just. made. me. squeal......a little.

• Funny
Reactions: BigD0g and lunitiks
My SC has ordered a new MCU for my yellow ringed MX screen. Needless to say, I’ll be working with them to see if the new part can be dropped in before they install. Two weeks ago they told me the part was on back order. Could mean they ran out of Tegra ones and are waiting for refurbs or they are waiting on new x86 ones.

This blows my mind, since they just replaced the LCD on mine to fix the same issue, I wonder if they ran out of LCD screens so now they are just replacing the entire unit.

Can you show the entire image that includes the CPU section?
upload_2018-3-14_15-35-48.png

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA