Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Round Steering Wheel & Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues, been doing it for thousands of miles in my 3. I have a round wheel in my S as well, again no issues. It is bigger than my 3's wheel so actually a bit more comfy. I like that I can grab it lower. I have a lot more options to hold it.

With the yoke there was pretty much one place that worked for me when on a trip and TBH it was pretty comfy until I got tired of that position. You may find other "holds" that work for you.

Reactions: AAKEE
No issues, been doing it for thousands of miles in my 3. I have a round wheel in my S as well, again no issues. It is bigger than my 3's wheel so actually a bit more comfy. I like that I can grab it lower. I have a lot more options to hold it.

With the yoke there was pretty much one place that worked for me when on a trip and TBH it was pretty comfy until I got tired of that position. You may find other "holds" that work for you.
Above = a good sum up how I feel it at the moment still with the yoke.

Thanks, it helps with the decision :)
(Still less bad then I thought but a round wheel, if I can se the screen is the current idea).

I had this round steering wheel for about a week now, and it's blocking my front dash. I can't even see the speedometer, etc. if I adjust the steering too high, it's no longer comfortable! I thought about going back to the yoke!

I had this round steering wheel for about a week now, and it's blocking my front dash. I can't even see the speedometer, etc. if I adjust the steering too high, it's no longer comfortable! I thought about going back to the yoke!
I'd love to see a photo. The only thing I have even partial blockage is the little speed limit sign. If so much is being blocked, you are clearly the worst case I've heard of so far.

Reactions: scrapps
I'd love to see a photo. The only thing I have even partial blockage is the little speed limit sign. If so much is being blocked, you are clearly the worst case I've heard of so far.
Here it is.
IMG_4530.jpeg

Reactions: AAKEE
I think you have yours a bit lower than mine was. I also thing the Hansshow wheel I have now has a little bit more "clearance" than my Tesla wheel did. The only thing I even rarely look at is the lights indicator at the top of the screen. Yours would definitely be blocked.

I just updated from a yoke to the round wheel on my 2022 X. I'm really surprised with how much of the display it blocks. I can't see the speed limit anymore nor some of the other icons. I'd expect them to have that figured out either by making the top of the wheel a bit taller or changing the display to lower the icons they know are going to be cut off.

Definitely easier to park and drive in tight spaces with the wheel over the yoke!

I just updated from a yoke to the round wheel on my 2022 X. I'm really surprised with how much of the display it blocks. I can't see the speed limit anymore nor some of the other icons. I'd expect them to have that figured out either by making the top of the wheel a bit taller or changing the display to lower the icons they know are going to be cut off.

Definitely easier to park and drive in tight spaces with the wheel over the yoke!
Instead of the yoke Tesla really should have done a heads up display. Useful without taking steps back.

I have the same issue. Tesla shoudl fix this by may be relocating speed limit etc at the bottom of the screen?

OEM round wheel looks nice. For those that have it, when rotating the wheel does it "wobble"? Like the axis of rotation is not in the center of the wheel? Also does anyone know how it compares to the older pre-refresh model S/X wheel? I had a 2016 X previously and I thought its steering wheel could have been a little smaller (overall diameter). Thanks.

OEM round wheel looks nice. For those that have it, when rotating the wheel does it "wobble"? Like the axis of rotation is not in the center of the wheel? Also does anyone know how it compares to the older pre-refresh model S/X wheel? I had a 2016 X previously and I thought its steering wheel could have been a little smaller (overall diameter). Thanks.
It wobbles a bit

Reactions: bionichomer
Not sure I would call it wobbling. I think the flat bottom gives you that sensation when turning the wheel but I'm not actually sure it wobbles per se.

Not being able to see the speedometer sounds extreme. Try moving the wheel higher and then moving your seat to make it comfortable - perhaps sit a bit more upright?
The wheel is not perfectly round so it will "wobble" a bit. But pretty much every sporty-type vehicle has a wheel like that these days - from MB to BMW to Corvettes, etc.

That sounds quite extreme, not being able to see the speedometer. You might be sitting very high with the wheel far out I guess. In my seating position, seat at almost lowest setting + steering wheel in lowest setting + furthest out, the wheel blocks the upper part of the screen, so I can't see the speed limit. Had this is "problem" in other cars as well. The wheel however is such an improvement drivability wise, I don't care.