Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - 2013 Detroit Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like an electric Toyota Highlander. This looks more like a cross between an Audi Q series and a Honda Crosstour. I like neither.

Agreed. When I said Highlander, I didn't mean to suggest that all style and performance should be sacrificed for functionality. The X should still be more stylish and not be as cheap as a Highlander and shouldn't drive like a boat. But it shouldn't have to sacrifice space and comfort for aesthetics. Just looking at the pics of the X and the cramped look to the third row, I'm not in love with it and instead am dubious. Totally the opposite of my first impression of the S.

The shape of the roof in the back is also a concern for storage. Looks more like a Beetle than an SUV. Doubt I would have been able to fit my big screen in the back as it barely fit in my Highlander on a diagonal.

I think you should hold out for a Highlander. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have an X sig reservation... I'm a little disappointed in the delay, because I won't get the S back as "my" car til the X arrives as "her" car. Seriously, tho, I am thrilled with how much my dear wife loves the S. I think that she was a little surprised at how much she took to it!

Hahah! I saw this one coming, Steve. You might just get a 2nd S now, in anticipation that one of your kids will need a car. And hold onto that fob this time!