Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2nd Row Center Console Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
IMG_1672.JPG
It's finally available but please Elon makes this a retrofit for current owners? This is my
#2 request after a sunshade.

Reactions: Cowby and markn455
I XPEL Stealth wrapped the seats so I'm covered on the matte look!

Some things tell me its not going to be possible:

1 - It has HVAC hookups
2 - It is permanently mounted so the six seat frame has to account for it at time of construction.

Hope to be wrong though!

I XPEL Stealth wrapped the seats so I'm covered on the matte look!

Some things tell me its not going to be possible:

1 - It has HVAC hookups
2 - It is permanently mounted so the six seat frame has to account for it at time of construction.

Hope to be wrong though!
I'm fairly confident it won't have HVAC vents because there literally is no room for them. They would have to raise the floor. The 3rd rows venting is tunneled through the sides of the MX.

Though DIY installation may be tricky... imagine accidentally drilling into the battery pack! :eek:

By the way does anybody notice in the image that the front console is black ash the cup holders are wood and the new rear console has no trim

I think that is a mistake in the Design Studio.

The other images show trim in the other thread (mods could merge?)...

Model X 6-seater 2nd row center console now available (new builds only)

I think the rear console uses the same trim part around the cup holders as the front one, so I expect it to have the same trim as the rest of the car...

I'm fairly confident it won't have HVAC vents because there literally is no room for them. They would have to raise the floor. The 3rd rows venting is tunneled through the sides of the MX.

Though DIY installation may be tricky... imagine accidentally drilling into the battery pack! :eek:

The HVAC comment is clearly misunderstood by many.

It is the same reference to HVAC that all 6/7 seater configurations have and does not refer to the console at all, but to the wall vents, extra fan(s), third-zone controls on the front touchscreen and possibly some HVAC amplifier type of hardware (hidden in the rear right of the car).

That console offers very little for $800 and takes away a great deal. If only it were removable, or included a built-in refrigerator, maybe. My kids use the center space to get to the third row most of the time. Adults in the rear can only be comfortable if they can stretch their legs in the center row. And when going on a big trip, that center row offers important space for an extra duffle bag, or a cooler, or a dog. Not impressed with this implementation.

That console offers very little for $800 and takes away a great deal. If only it were removable, or included a built-in refrigerator, maybe. My kids use the center space to get to the third row most of the time. Adults in the rear can only be comfortable if they can stretch their legs in the center row. And when going on a big trip, that center row offers important space for an extra duffle bag, or a cooler, or a dog. Not impressed with this implementation.
I feel the same way