Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Macsboost kit saves time, aggravation, money and gets you back on the road quickly with a properly engineered solution and with product support should you need any.
The macboost instructions are not clear at all.
I finally figured out the adjustment for 57mm length and installed , but I don’t understand the recommendation for adjusting the toe-in.
The recommended adjustment is 1/2 turn, but that amount of adjustment on the offset bolt will move the toe arm out and back in.
What is the correct toe-in spec, so I can have it adjusted by alignment shop?

0 toe is what is recommended. err on the side of toe in. Adjust the toe eccentric out to about 3/4 of the way as a first try. Camber arms and the first gen suspension do require toe adjustment after installation.

refresh palladium kits do not require alignment if toe is within spec before installation.

Ok, just now reading up on this. Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes between the 2 kits? N2itive is $1,400 and Macsboost is $200. It looks like the N2itive includes lowering links. I always drive with the car in Low and use Very Low on the freeway (when I remember). I don't want the car to look slammed and I do have a gravel driveway so don't want it too low.
Macsboost is like $500 bucks now. Wow inflation hit hard!

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
yep. Once somebody measures we will see if they did anything custom or just cut some off the shelf sheet metal. For the price I'd expect a set of spacers with varying thicknesses to really dial in the camber.
I just installed washers on my 2 rear camber rods. My tire wear on the inside is pretty bad but not horrible yet. The worst thing that can happen is that I get even worse tire wear.
It's worth a try. Very easy to install the washers. 15 mins of work each side.

Attachments

• 20230913_120152.jpg
    20230913_120152.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230913_120216.jpg
    20230913_120216.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 55
Cool! What thickness did you use and what was your alignment measurement after?
I don't have any alignment equipment. This is a non scientific trial and error method. I will drive a few 1000 miles with the washers and check if it affects tire wear pattern. I didn't measure the washers. I just made sure all 4 were the same thickness. I will report back in a few months how they affected my tire wear. If they work, I will measure the thickness I used. Probably 1/10 of an inch or a little less.
Drove several miles and didn't notice an impact on driving properties.

what kind of washer did you use? just 1 washer per screw?
I used stainless washers. 1 washer per screw. Wasn't able to fit more than 1 without prying the camber rod.. Anyways, I will add washers as needed. I don't know what the correct spacing is supposed to be, so I'm using trial and error to find that out. My tires are pretty worn on the inside, so, the worst thing that can happen is that I mess them up even more.. On the other hand, the wear pattern can show improvement over the next couple of 1000 miles.

I used stainless washers. 1 washer per screw. Wasn't able to fit more than 1 without prying the camber rod.. Anyways, I will add washers as needed. I don't know what the correct spacing is supposed to be, so I'm using trial and error to find that out. My tires are pretty worn on the inside, so, the worst thing that can happen is that I mess them up even more.. On the other hand, the wear pattern can show improvement over the next couple of 1000 miles.
on one of the other threads, someone eyeballed it to .125 of an inch or around 3mm

Reactions: FloridaSun
I don't have any alignment equipment. This is a non scientific trial and error method. I will drive a few 1000 miles with the washers and check if it affects tire wear pattern. I didn't measure the washers. I just made sure all 4 were the same thickness. I will report back in a few months how they affected my tire wear. If they work, I will measure the thickness I used. Probably 1/10 of an inch or a little less.
Drove several miles and didn't notice an impact on driving properties.
I hear the toe affects the wearing most, so you might want to get that checked.

Is the camber visibly better at the effective ride height?