TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X apps

Discussion in 'Model X' started by VCanucks, Jul 18, 2014.

1. VCanucks

VCanucks Member

I was looking at the Model X page and noticed that it shows seven apps compared to the six in the Model S, any ideas what that is or why it's there? Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find anything on it.
    Model X screen.jpg

2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Seems like a new downward pointing arrow icon for the app. Not sure what it could be.

3. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Wing door controls maybe?

4. timf

timf Member

I'm not sure what it is, but the white prototype doesn't have that button on its screen. This is one of the earliest renderings they released so it could very well be an idea that never made it off the drawing board.

5. flashflood

flashflood Member

It's probably just to download the latest Adobe flash player.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That icon has appeared on early Model S renderings too... It's supposed to be for apps. Naturally, we've yet to get apps, so we don't have the icon.

7. de704

de704 XP268

This sketch is from the Model X reveal event in February 2012.

I think the feature set for shared Model S/X infotainment screen OS is very different now.

8. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

It sure would be nice if Tesla marketing could, you know, use the latest pictures in their marketing materials! Not stuff that is two years out of date. The Model X email that we all received a few months ago was similarly impaired.

9. VCanucks

VCanucks Member

XBMC/Netflix button would make charge times irrelevant

10. timf

timf Member

The Model X hasn't even officially launched yet. All we have to go off of is a concept and occasional updates from Tesla that they're still working on it. The fact that it has received over 18,000 reservations already is a testament to people's belief that Tesla will deliver an incredible product along the lines of the Model S. Elon has said they aren't even actively pursuing reservations, just "the fish are jumping into the boat". Once the production model is revealed everything will be brought up to date and the real marketing push will begin.