Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One small issue I have is the driver side FWD gives a 'groan' for a second during opening and closing. From what I've read, this has been an on-going issue with the doors that is still common even today. I'll be making a service appointment eventually, once I'm willing to part with it for a bit and after I make sure there are no other issues.

Mine does not groan at all, very quite.

One small issue I have is the driver side FWD gives a 'groan' for a second during opening and closing. From what I've read, this has been an on-going issue with the doors that is still common even today. I'll be making a service appointment eventually, once I'm willing to part with it for a bit and after I make sure there are no other issues.

I picked up my X on St. Paddy's day last month and my driver side FWD has the groan as well opening the top half. Will have to drop it off at service for that fix as well in Vancouver as well.

Just picked up my new X this past monday. Same thing. Driver side FWD has that groan...and the other big issue is the centre console came all scratched up (micro scratches seen in light). I highly regret not getting the carbon fibre upgrade rather than the standard trim that comes with the white seats.

My previous X, everything was customizable and went with the Matte Obeche Wood which is now discontinued, that was fantastic! (and the standard non-upgraded option at the time)

VIN 409XX
Production date was early march I think.

Just picked up my new X this past monday. Same thing. Driver side FWD has that groan...and the other big issue is the centre console came all scratched up (micro scratches seen in light). I highly regret not getting the carbon fibre upgrade rather than the standard trim that comes with the white seats.

My previous X, everything was customizable and went with the Matte Obeche Wood which is now discontinued, that was fantastic! (and the standard non-upgraded option at the time)

VIN 409XX
Production date was early march I think.
I really liked the Obeche Wood Gloss Decor. I suppose I have bourgeois taste. Doesn't seem like it was very popular.

I really liked the Obeche Wood Gloss Decor. I suppose I have bourgeois taste. Doesn't seem like it was very popular.

Oddly enough when it came free, I wanted the Dark ash, but figured it wasn't worth the extra grand. Ended up going with the Matte Obeche and loved it (Mind you this is at a time when there were no display X's and you had to order based on what you saw online haha)

Lurking for a while but now have a delivery date!

Config: MX 100D, Midnight Silver, Ultra White, 20", 6 Seat, PUP, Winter, Towing
Ordered: 2/2/17 (original order 90D in December 2016)
Confirmed: 12/01/16
Vin: 35xxx
In Production: 04/05/17
Estimated Delivery Range: April 25 - May 9
Delivery Location: Toronto, Canada

Reactions: DaddyP713
Lurking for a while but now have a delivery date!

Config: MX 100D, Midnight Silver, Ultra White, 20", 6 Seat, PUP, Winter, Towing
Ordered: 2/2/17 (original order 90D in December 2016)
Confirmed: 12/01/16
Vin: 35xxx
In Production: 04/05/17
Estimated Delivery Range: April 25 - May 9
Delivery Location: Toronto, Canada
Have you received your vehicle yet? If so, what was the time between changing from "in transit" to delivery to you, in Toronto? In other words, what was the shipping+prep time?
Thank you.

Have you received your vehicle yet? If so, what was the time between changing from "in transit" to delivery to you, in Toronto? In other words, what was the shipping+prep time?
Thank you.

Yes, we did receive the X! We picked it up on May 4; it was ready for pick up on May 2. The estimated delivery range moved around a bit and actually changed to April 29-May 15 as the final updated estimate. So overall, it looks like about a month which is what our DS said it would be for shipping to eastern Canada.

We had the car shipped to the Lawrence SC as that's where we'd ordered it and the Oakville SC hadn't opened yet. The Lawrence location doesn't do weekend deliveries which was inconvenient for us but we managed. If you have a need for weekend delivery, the Oakville store apparently has more capacity and available times.

Thanks! One month is what the DS agent just told me. Our pick-up location will be the Lawrence Ave. store (closer to us), and we're good with weekdays. One month seems pretty long, given train to Chicago, and truck to Toronto.