Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo the past few hundred miles (I'm now at about 2300 total miles) I've set my schedule charge time to just before leaving work and I've noticed improvements when my battery is warmed up. Before when driving the first mile cold my average would say something like 800-1000 kWh/mile but now I never get this and my averages have improved a lot. I'm now getting 330-350 kWh/mile on my 35 mile commute.

Soooo the past few hundred miles (I'm now at about 2300 total miles) I've set my schedule charge time to just before leaving work and I've noticed improvements when my battery is warmed up. Before when driving the first mile cold my average would say something like 800-1000 kWh/mile but now I never get this and my averages have improved a lot. I'm now getting 330-350 kWh/mile on my 35 mile commute.
Hopefully that's actually Wh/m! Otherwise great news!

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Does that include the miles on the 20" wheels? Or did you reset a trip meter to track the switch?

FWIW, now that it's regular winter temps here my Wh/m is coming down. That and I'm getting better at remembering to preheat!

Unfortunately I forgot to reset my trip meter when I made the change. This has been based on my since last charge trips and my 60 mile total daily commutes.

Reactions: goneskiian
Sig P90D with 5,786 miles in 11 months of ownership in Miami, Florida. Lifetime 455 Wh/mi. No towing, 22" wheels, mostly city driving. Had a loud compressor fixed about a month after delivery. Not happy at all with real world range of ~197 miles.

I have a similar car as yours.
I'm in Boston avg 500 Wh/mi. With one round trip of 1000 miles to Virginia under its belt, driving around in warmer temps helps, as the car was under 400 wh/mi for this first time on short trips. Around 2500 miles so far.

Sig P90DL (Ludicrous) with 8,746 miles. Mostly 22" wheels. Lifetime average Wh/Mile is 479. Rated Range at 90% is 217 miles. With 19" snow tires this winter (unseasonably mild) - I've done 1380 miles at 474 Wh/Mile. Stored exclusively in heated garage - 60-65 degrees.

I should also point out - that 1380 miles was done driving so conservatively, valet mode would feel like ludicrous.

Reactions: goneskiian
75D, 20" wheels, standard suspension, NYC. +- 15 mile commute upstate, mostly highways + 1 bridge (gosh darn the bridge...).

I'm a 64 in a 55 kind of driver that accelerates in a hurry to stay put in the left lane and lets regen do as much braking as possible.

Current: ~2800 miles, ~400 Wh/m avg.

--> ~450 mi weekend roundtrip to warmer DC

Two weeks ago: ~2100 miles, ~460 Wh/m

Recently: averaging ~320 Wh/m (higher in the morning commute + cold start + elevation than the evening commute).

The usual factors for better Wh/m: a) warmer (but not hot) weather; b) turning off climate (see a -- pretty comfortable); and c) charging at work last two weeks [never at home -- condo].

Basically not looking forward to tomorrow (~20 F).