Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chill out. :D

Actually, I drive pretty non-aggressively, for the most part. I'm curious what my peak usage is while climbing the mountain on CA-17, though. Last Wednesday, for a significant chunk of my trip (probably 10+ miles), I was way above the 900 mark for several minutes. (My guess would be close to ~1200 Wh/mi.)

I think this occurred while on my way up the mountain to the summit, when I was driving with automatic cruise control, and it kept having to start and stop repeatedly with an average speed of 5 MPH (too slow for regenerative braking to help) and a maximum speed of maybe 10 MPH.

I ended up having to charge just to make two 92-mile round trips in a row with a three-minute stop at a drive-through. The first of the round trips burned through... IIRC either 130 or 140 miles of charge. I was not expecting that based on previous trips, nor anything even close to that.

Actually, I drive pretty non-aggressively, for the most part. I'm curious what my peak usage is while climbing the mountain on CA-17, though. Last Wednesday, for a significant chunk of my trip (probably 10+ miles), I was way above the 900 mark for several minutes. (My guess would be close to ~1200 Wh/mi.)

I think this occurred while on my way up the mountain to the summit, when I was driving with automatic cruise control, and it kept having to start and stop repeatedly with an average speed of 5 MPH (too slow for regenerative braking to help) and a maximum speed of maybe 10 MPH.

I ended up having to charge just to make two 92-mile round trips in a row with a three-minute stop at a drive-through. The first of the round trips burned through... IIRC either 130 or 140 miles of charge. I was not expecting that based on previous trips, nor anything even close to that.
Yea I was just kidding around. :D Thx @ohmman that's certainly allows you to find out what it was at.

new WPM.jpg
I have a brand new Model X P100D with 22's. Temperature here is mid 40's. I generally have the heated seat on 1 and the cabin temp set to 68. I traded in a Model S with 21's on the X. The X has about 400 miles but is using about 550 WPH. I'm not driving it super hard. Is this out of whack with what you guys have seen in similar conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 274990 I have a brand new Model X P100D with 22's. Temperature here is mid 40's. I generally have the heated seat on 1 and the cabin temp set to 68. I traded in a Model S with 21's on the X. The X has about 400 miles but is using about 550 WPH. I'm not driving it super hard. Is this out of whack with what you guys have seen in similar conditions.
Is this a long distance drive, or collection of short drives? If latter I think this is possible. I my average in similar winter is about 460Wh/miles and it's on 19 inch wheels.

MX 75D with 3800 miles in one month.
2500 Highway miles with 70-75m/h
80% supercharging
Average: 338Wh/m
90% charge: 213
As we all know 75D rated as 320wh/m, however when I compare odometer with bettery miles left, I have to get around 280wh/m to get at same number. So where is that 40wh/m( 320-280) going?? Am I missing something?

X60 for 12 months then X75 for 3 months (I've had it 15 months total).

6000 miles. (It's my weekend car.)

320 Wh/M since delivery.

Last 1300 miles with Range Mode OFF, 330 Wh/M

90% charge 199 miles. Before Upgrading to the 75, I used to charge to 100% all the time. Since the upgrade it's always 90%

Took delivery of my X100D in late September with between 5.5 and 5.6 miles on the odometer.

Standard rims (staggered 20s) with ContiSilents.

Pirelli Scorpion winter tires on second set of standard rims installed sometime in December and removed March 24th or 25th.

Very mixed driving, range mode has always been off.

Not much chance of me remembering to reset the trip meter monthly, but I thought I'd post my lifetime numbers every now and again. Here are the current ones:

8,139.3 mi 3,065.8 kWh 377 Wh/mi

Wh/mi was 380 a week or so ago and has been slowly coming down as the weather has been more mild. I suspect it will start going back up when it gets hot, because I'll use the air conditioner regularly, but I typically only use the heat when it's below freezing. Hopefully I'm wrong and the cold battery makes range worse than the air conditioner, but I guess we'll see.

X60 for 12 months then X75 for 3 months (I've had it 15 months total).

6000 miles. (It's my weekend car.)

320 Wh/M since delivery.

Last 1300 miles with Range Mode OFF, 330 Wh/M

90% charge 199 miles. Before Upgrading to the 75, I used to charge to 100% all the time. Since the upgrade it's always 90%

Our MX 75D has almost 6000 miles in 4 months. My wife's average is 355 Wh/M. Last weekend I managed to charge to 100% and drove 195 miles with 16 miles left when we got home with 309 Wh/M average since last charged. So in order to get the 236 miles (rated), I think we will have to keep it under 300 Wh/M?

We probably lost some energy not showing on the Wh/M. We did have heated seats on, but I thought heated seat used will be reflecting on the Wh/M calculation?

Our MX 75D has almost 6000 miles in 4 months. My wife's average is 355 Wh/M. Last weekend I managed to charge to 100% and drove 195 miles with 16 miles left when we got home with 309 Wh/M average since last charged. So in order to get the 236 miles (rated), I think we will have to keep it under 300 Wh/M?

We probably lost some energy not showing on the Wh/M. We did have heated seats on, but I thought heated seat used will be reflecting on the Wh/M calculation?
The heated seats would be reflected in the Wh/M calculation on the energy consumption chart. I believe loss of energy due to cold is also included. Power used while the car is in "Car Off" mode is not included (this includes power loss while parked in addition to climate/seat/media energy consumption between trips). In my X100D, as far as I could tell last time I did the math, and assuming no downtime for non-driving power loss/consumption, I simply need to keep your average under the "Rated" line on the energy consumption chart to reach the rated miles. That having said, previous posts in this thread and a new thread just posted in this sub both make me think that my X might be an outlier in that regard. Moreover, that won't be true indefinitely, as there will be battery degradation. Also, if you aren't sure what "Rated" line I'm talking about and your consumption chart says "Rated" just under the 300 Wh/M line and doesn't have a separate line outside of the normal every 300 Wh/M lines, then the 300Wh/M line is roughly equal to your rated line and your deduction is about spot on. Further, if your consumption chart says "Ideal" instead, you would need to find the option to change the energy calculation/display from "Ideal" to "Rated."

The heated seats would be reflected in the Wh/M calculation on the energy consumption chart. I believe loss of energy due to cold is also included. Power used while the car is in "Car Off" mode is not included (this includes power loss while parked in addition to climate/seat/media energy consumption between trips). In my X100D, as far as I could tell last time I did the math, and assuming no downtime for non-driving power loss/consumption, I simply need to keep your average under the "Rated" line on the energy consumption chart to reach the rated miles. That having said, previous posts in this thread and a new thread just posted in this sub both make me think that my X might be an outlier in that regard. Moreover, that won't be true indefinitely, as there will be battery degradation. Also, if you aren't sure what "Rated" line I'm talking about and your consumption chart says "Rated" just under the 300 Wh/M line and doesn't have a separate line outside of the normal every 300 Wh/M lines, then the 300Wh/M line is roughly equal to your rated line and your deduction is about spot on. Further, if your consumption chart says "Ideal" instead, you would need to find the option to change the energy calculation/display from "Ideal" to "Rated."

I am set to Rated. I once slide it to Ideal and it just gave a bigger number that's completely unrealistic maybe for people who drives on the moon with no gravity or something. :p I also did not use the chart with line.. I set my right dashboard to the trip meters and read off the numbers on the line Since last change.

The heated seats were on while we were in traffic going slowly. So maybe that could account for the extra energy loss per mile since we were driving so slow.