Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is a separate tread called Year-End Deliveries but thought I would create one focused purely on the month of December.

Ordered a MX 90D
Six seater
PUP
AP1 (orig. order)
20" wheels
Deep Blue Metallic + Ultra White Seats
Ordered: 9-16-16.
Added EAP + FSDC
Confirmed: 10-05-16
VIN 24xxx assigned 10-05-16
Placed in Prod Queue: 10-05-16
Original Del Date: Mid-Nov
Revised Del Date #1: Nov-Early Dec.
Revised Del Date #2: Just before or right after Christmas (per DS)
Have had several email/phone conversations with DS. Was concerned that delivery delays would cause issue with approved loan through Tesla Lending. He told me the original approval was good until 12/1. After that date they would pull again as a "soft pull" and that the interest rate should not change and the additional funds needed to cover the EAP/FSDC upgrade would be approved as part of the original submittal. The soft pull was simply a formality with no expected changes. He also said the delivery date would slip to late December as the AP2 introduction has caused some delays at the factory and put everything slightly behind. The plan is to get it in our hands before EOY so we can take advantage of the 2016 $7500 tax break. I was happy to hear this BUT we ordered at a time we thought would help us avoid the end-of-quarter push and now we are right smack dab in the middle of it. Oh well, at least I'll get AP2 HW.

Reactions: 8XATL
I confirmed a couple days ago and was told late December delivery. Received vin today, but emailed states December or early Jan. Ordered X90D with six seats. My DS called the factory to confirm December delivery. He seems pretty confident!

Ordered yesterday.
Says late December to early January delivery.
@robz Did you use a referral code when you ordered? If you use a referral code from certain current owners, Tesla gives you $1000 off of the car price, and enters the current owner into a raffle. On their website, it says it's to "strengthen and build the Tesla community" or something like that. If you didn't use one you should definitely do it because free money off is always nice =) There's 7 days after you place an order to modify/cancel and reorder, so it's likely not too late. I'm one with a code, and it's Referral | Tesla I'd recommend, good luck and congrats!

Model X
Order Confirmed- 10-6-16
Vin Assigned - 10-7-16 vin. 24XXX
in Que: 11-6-16
in Production: 11-19-16
Delivery: according to DS mid to late December
(Note: I did not add any of the auto driving features)

Now, those who are getting their orders confirmed in November, I doubt anyone is gonna get it before the year ends. It doesn't mathematically make sense.

I was told on 10-6-16 , when my order was confirmed, I would get it mid to late November.

Does anyone know how long the X stays 'in production'?

I know there is a separate tread called Year-End Deliveries but thought I would create one focused purely on the month of December.

Ordered a MX 90D
Six seater
PUP
AP1 (orig. order)
20" wheels
Deep Blue Metallic + Ultra White Seats
Ordered: 9-16-16.
Added EAP + FSDC
Confirmed: 10-05-16
VIN 24xxx assigned 10-05-16
Placed in Prod Queue: 10-05-16
Original Del Date: Mid-Nov
Revised Del Date #1: Nov-Early Dec.
Revised Del Date #2: Just before or right after Christmas (per DS)
Have had several email/phone conversations with DS. Was concerned that delivery delays would cause issue with approved loan through Tesla Lending. He told me the original approval was good until 12/1. After that date they would pull again as a "soft pull" and that the interest rate should not change and the additional funds needed to cover the EAP/FSDC upgrade would be approved as part of the original submittal. The soft pull was simply a formality with no expected changes. He also said the delivery date would slip to late December as the AP2 introduction has caused some delays at the factory and put everything slightly behind. The plan is to get it in our hands before EOY so we can take advantage of the 2016 $7500 tax break. I was happy to hear this BUT we ordered at a time we thought would help us avoid the end-of-quarter push and now we are right smack dab in the middle of it. Oh well, at least I'll get AP2 HW.

I got order confirmed on 10-6-16, vin # 24xxx. does it say your vehicle is in production now? my one entered production on 11-19-16.

I order my MX60D 6 seats back in July 21st confirmed: 28th, request delivery on October 29. (Confirm by DS it is ok). Find out while I was in Asia that it was delayed till mid. November. Which I had email my DS to find it out on Oct. 26.
Since Nov 16. My car is in "production", email my DS, end of November become mid December.
Really don't see any customer service in part of Tesla

Got my VIN today! e-mail said estimate for delivery between Late December - January, 2017.
The Salt Lake Store is telling me last week of December.

5YJXCBE2XGF031358

Model X 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
20" Silver Wheels
White
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Supercharger Enabled
High Amperage Charger Upgrade
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package

VIN 28xxx
Ordered 10/24
Confirmed 10/30 (VIN assigned pretty much immediately)
Entered production 11/23 (a bit of a shock since I had been told the day before that it would be built in December)
90D 6 seat

Last edited:
Got my VIN today! e-mail said estimate for delivery between Late December - January, 2017.
The Salt Lake Store is telling me last week of December.

5YJXCBE2XGF031358

Model X 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
20" Silver Wheels
White
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Supercharger Enabled
High Amperage Charger Upgrade
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package

From 10-6-16 to 11-23-16 - 6 weeks period Tesla got 6500 model X ordered. I calculated from my vin to yours. And my delivery is mid to end of December.
These are the interesting facts:

Tesla Model X Production:
2015 Q4 - 507
2016 Q1 - 2400
2016 Q2 - 4638
2016 Q4 - 8774
2016 6 weeks period from 10/6 to 11/23 - 6500
2016 Q4 - 13000 (projected)
2016 Q4 - 20000 (I think December orders will soar and model X will be sold approx 20k in 4the Quarter)

As of Sep 2016, 16k texla model x have been built so far, but stats show that Q4 alone will surpass that number. This is gonna be huge!!! Tremendous as Trump would say if you really wanna know the truth.

VIN 29XXX - MX 90D - just entered production today (6 seat - everything but tow package). Confirmed on 11/5 - just a 19 day wait to enter production!

Was told I will get it by the end of the year by DS - looking like that will happen based on the production date.