Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Nightmares Orlando

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
’ll tell you what I’m not ready to do: pay $100,000 for a car that’s delivered all filthy and scratched.

@andyroyale well it is a good thing that you don't have to. Though you obviously did or you wouldn't have been driving it. So apparently you really were ready to "pay $100,000 for a car that’s delivered all filthy and scratched."

Some of the stuff is just the way the car is made, did you not look at a Model X before you placed your order? (Some of that '"wiring" you see in the wheels wells is likely the hoses for the air suspension.) That "flimsy, plastic ball joints" is part of the air suspension auto-leveling functionality and I have never seen anyone report that they had theirs break.

Have you tried checking the lane departure warning setting, and if it is on turn it off and take it for another test drive to see if that was your primary HUGE issue?

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I am not a "Musk Sucker"... just trying to get to the bottom of what really happened here.

Most here are Musk suckers, not me.

Tesla is in deep *^%# because they think buyers will simply suck it up. Stock has gone down 22% this week alone more pain to come.

...as if their employees took it on a hunting expedition with hookers ... their sinking brand.

I will probably cancel my MODEL 3 reservation ...

And... Scene.

Pro tip for OP: when joining a community, take some time to get a feel for how members tend to comport themselves. Also, read over your posts prior to submitting and ask whether your words accurately reflect your situation and level of composure. As it stands, you left out key information--even when asked in responses by the posters whose input you supposedly seek--required to accurately evaluate your complaints; you just joined the community with this thread, and immediately make serious accusations against Tesla that are questionable (not all of them, but some!); you use word choice that may not reflect well on you; and you do all this at a time when Tesla is under siege by short sellers in the media and on this forum in the form of numerous newly-joined members spouting spurious arguments all over the place. This naturally invites speculation as to your motives.

This is not to say that I think you are incorrect to complain or that you should accept the situation with your vehicle. Merely that you may want to slow down a bit, more completely describe the details of your situation, and engage with the community without the unnecessary immature comments and 'short' keywords.

Thank you all for engaging the post.

Something curious came up today on my TESLA.com account. It appears that the same VIN was delivered to another customer on 2/25/2018 named E. Young. I got delivery on 3/28/2018. This previous delivery would explain the “used” condition of the vehicle, including scruffed, scratches and dirt inside. The car had 50 (dirt road!) miles on delivery day which was odd.

This suspicious information explains A LOT about our delivery problems and raises the possibility that TESLA is selling used cars as NEW. This is illegal. I will be returning it to the local TESLA office as well as contact my attorney tomorrow.

Something curious came up today on my TESLA.com account. It appears that the same VIN was delivered to another customer on 2/25/2018 named E. Young. I got delivery on 3/28/2018. This previous delivery would explain the “used” condition of the vehicle, including scruffed, scratches and dirt inside. The car had 50 (dirt road!) miles on delivery day which was odd.

This suspicious information explains A LOT about our delivery problems and raises the possibility that TESLA is selling used cars as NEW. This is illegal. I will be returning it to the local TESLA office as well as contact my attorney tomorrow.
It's not unusual for a new car to have 60 miles on it - I wouldn't take the mileage as evidence that they sold you a used car. I'd also guess that 'E Young' might have originally been assigned that VIN or it was a typo. Never once have I heard of Tesla passing off a used car as new. Not worth the headaches that would cause.

Assuming your posts are a reflection of how you operate in real life, Tesla may feel the easiest thing to do is take the car back and call it a day. Not everyone is out to take advantage of you.

@andyroyale can you please post a screenshot of your My Tesla page with that info - I’m really interested in seeing that as I just sold my S and am curious if the new buyer gets to see my name too...

Never heard of My Tesla listing each owner’s name...

Thanks

Reactions: Grendal and bonnie

@andyroyale - I wonder if what you are seeing is a “Referral” list - sometimes OA’s have been known to help out new purchasers by using one’s referral code to help another new purchaser who does not have one so the new purchaser can get Unlimited Supercharging and the “Referral” can get some free schwaag....just a possibility.

Please post - it might help you with your concerns.

@andyroyale - I wonder if what you are seeing is a “Referral” list - sometimes OA’s have been known to help out new purchasers by using one’s referral code to help another new purchaser who does not have one so the new purchaser can get Unlimited Supercharging and the “Referral” can get some free schwaag....just a possibility.

I hope you’re right! Will check tomorrow and post back!

My OA did exactly this, got me a referral and shows up on my account in referral list.

I got a call from corporate yesterday apologizing and offering to repair everything and then some. I will be looking for something significant before I accept the apologies (maybe free auto pilot?)

This morning I had the following warning in my dashboard: LIMITED AC AND BATTERY COOLING. CONTACT TESLA SERVICE

Is this car going to melt down on the road? We sure are melting in the Florida heat!
1. Did you verify that the "Previous Purchaser" was in fact a referral your OA gave you?
2. Glad to hear they reached out to you - I had a problem on Monday with my SC visit and they gave me free all weather mats (I really didn't need anything else as I have the HPWC and other things already from my S). Maybe a free extended warranty or free 3 years of service...did you not get Enhanced AP when you bought?
3. I've heard about that warning - I've heard a reset clears it.

It sounds like you are making progress...