Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Emergency Response Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the forum (but long time lurker)

Doing a random search on Google I find this document that I think was never mentionned : https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/2016_Model_X_Emergency_Response_Guide.pdf

It contains lot's of new informations (to me at least :) )
Only new part is its of model X. Same PDFs for model s has been out since 2013. It's important for first responders to know how to deal with car, like which fire retardant to use for lithium. In fact I was at service center in early 2013 when fire truck pulled up and firemen asked for tour of car to learn it. Staff there were very gracious and they even had test drives

This doc reveals where the charger is on the X. Looks to be significantly smaller than the Model S charger by the looks of the diagrams. Also interesting that there is an entirely separate rear HVAC unit all the way in the back. I wonder if there is any noticeable noise from the rear HVAC.

I was wondering about the emergency procedures for the falcon wing doors.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/5psFfoh.png
5psFfoh.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/TMUUnxR.png
TMUUnxR.png

Interesting find. There is one part of it I find very surprising and rather improbable:

The description of the charger on page 9 says that the high voltage junction box integrated into the charger routes excess power from regenerative breaking (their spelling...) back to the battery.

It seems to me like the only way the can be true is if the drive motor inverters have two different connections to the pack, one for power directly and one to return power (unless all connections to the motors are rooted through this junction and they only chose to mention the regeneration.)

This would be a bunch more weight and complexity and I don't see any advantage to it. Am I missing something?
Walter

Great find! Answers the question about how to access to the frunk when the 12V battery is flat.

I notice that the rear motor in the MX is packaged differently to the MS:

Model X

MX_Rear_Motor.PNG

Model S

MS_Rear_Motor.PNG

The MX looks like it has the same motor packaging for both motors, which looks like it is the same as the MS D front motor.

A few observations:
2.) Accessing the frunk without authorization looks borderline trivial. See page 27.

I might be wrong, but to me it sounds like all 3 steps are needed in order to open the frunk from those latches:

To open, use one of the following methods:
• Touch the front trunk on the touch screen.
• Double-click the front trunk button on the key.
• Pull the release cables located in the tow attachment on thefront bumper. You need to release the tow hook cover first toexpose the straps, and then pull the straps, labeled A and B, inalphabetical order to open the primary and secondary latches.