Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Energy Consumption Rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about typical range vs used range. Say you charge to 100%, and it says 360KM but you drive 30KM at 220kwh/km, the 360KM range is a calculated using an expected usage of ~220kwh/km. So after driving 30km, you should expect to see that you have 330km of range left. I am seeing more like 325km left.

That comes to the question of whether air-con etc are counted towards the Wh/km. If not, that explains the 5 km difference

On the S, the typical range is calculated using ~200kwh/km, and if i do drive at 200kwh/km, then i see that the typical range matches my usage. Not the case with the X

Maybe they are using a different formula, maybe they are not, haven't come across any sharing on this yet

I am getting bad vampire drain too (no dash cam installed yet). It is losing about 0.75km per hour through the day.

I think the X's typical range is currently overly aggressive, hopefully it re calibrates itself later. The S's typical range estimate was decent and also had less vampire drain (even with dash cam). Never had range anxiety with the S, but am starting to feel it with the X. It is more like "charging" anxiety