Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes ... it stunned me ... but I really think it's centered around wanting to get the special builds off the plate .... as I understand it they are winding down the Signatures also and the special Red will be off the assembly line .... at any rate they told me it would me built mid February, delivered around mid March hopefully .... and now its built and on the truck ..... still a wow ...... :) All my friends are asking me what the hell am I going to do with 2 Tesla's ....... my S got it's nose banged and is getting fixed and it looks like they both are going to be ready at the same time .... good I need my Tesla fix ..... :)

They still have Signatures to deliver in other geos. So that Sig red paint won't be retired anytime soon.

Are you talking about the $1000 credits earned through the referral program or the $3500 credit earned in substitution of the Powerwall? The former cannot be used on Model X, but the latter specifically said it could.

What timf says. I used my +10 pcs of credits buying a new model S so it's definitely possible but required some back office work!! And as Tim says the "old" credits can't be used for a mx.

And here we are still waiting for the configurator for founder mx ;-)

Did you hear back from DS if they would let you use the credit on the Founders X?...silence from mine.

Not yet. He has a note out to the appropriate folks. Honestly, it's the least they can do considering I haven't taken delivery yet. If I hadn't paid for the car in full already I definitely should be able to use it. Now they'll have to cut me check, but I'm sure that's happened before (over payment), or someone financed 100% and wanted their cash deposit back.

Last edited:
I don't have solar and just found out my utility charges same
regardless of time of day you use it so powerwall only good
for power outages so I'm changing to 3500 goodies.
Might get another set 21" greys to resell for cheap.
more money in the bank.Try to buy another FBR X at 144,950.

I don't have solar and just found out my utility charges same
regardless of time of day you use it so powerwall only good
for power outages

I agree that if you're not planning to have solar, thats an issue. But it's not just trying to arbitrage an on-peak/off-peak delta. You can do that with solar alone, since on-peak is usually when the sun is shining. The real value is in the fact that most utilities buy electricity from solar at a rate far lower than what they sell. For example, my utility sells me electricity at $.11/KWh, but would only buy my excess at $.02/KWh. By storing my electricity in a Powerwall, I get its full value by not buying the electricity from the utility.

I agree that if you're not planning to have solar, thats an issue. But it's not just trying to arbitrage an on-peak/off-peak delta. You can do that with solar alone, since on-peak is usually when the sun is shining. The real value is in the fact that most utilities buy electricity from solar at a rate far lower than what they sell. For example, my utility sells me electricity at $.11/KWh, but would only buy my excess at $.02/KWh. By storing my electricity in a Powerwall, I get its full value by not buying the electricity from the utility.

Agree if I had solar I would get powerwall.mine sells me at.17/KWH

Finally got to pick up my FBR X today. It went off without a hitch, The trunk hatch matches perfectly and they were able to apply the $3500 Powerwall credit to the Founders X. Very impressed with the interior and how big the car feels with the gigantic windshield.

For some reason the software update for my X was prior to the Auto opening door update. They said they updated my car last night, but it does not have any of the auto opening controls. HmmHave all X owners gotten the newest software update?

Finally got to pick up my FBR X today. It went off without a hitch, The trunk hatch matches perfectly and they were able to apply the $3500 Powerwall credit to the Founders X. Very impressed with the interior and how big the car feels with the gigantic windshield.

For some reason the software update for my X was prior to the Auto opening door update. They said they updated my car last night, but it does not have any of the auto opening controls. HmmHave all X owners gotten the newest software update?

What # are you, and where are you located again? Did you ever get any info on why your car was delayed?

What # are you, and where are you located again? Did you ever get any info on why your car was delayed?

#68, my rear hatch was dented during transportation. I had to wait a month for them to manufacture a new hatch, delivery it and then install it. Still not sure why I do not have the latest software though. I am on 7.1 (2.10.71) instead of 7.1 (2.11.54). In addition, my Tesla app does not recognize my X, so summons does not work.

#68, my rear hatch was dented during transportation. I had to wait a month for them to manufacture a new hatch, delivery it and then install it. Still not sure why I do not have the latest software though. I am on 7.1 (2.10.71) instead of 7.1 (2.11.54). In addition, my Tesla app does not recognize my X, so summons does not work.

Ah, that's right. I forgot. Sorry. Congrats on the delivery!

Are you running the latest iOS app? Sounds like Tesla may not have marked your car as delivered in the system. That enables the app.