Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I don't think so. There is a maximum price point they can hit and still have the number of people they need buy the car. I think they are at the very top of that now and they recognize that or they would be using the actual exchange rate instead of the low .20s which is what mine was.

I really, really hope you are correct. This makes sense, as they may make more money per car, but lose money by selling less. The market for $100k car is low and probably exponentially so for every 10k the price increases. I am production #15. I expected I would pay about $100k when I reserved October 2012. I now expect to pay about 30% more, which is my hard ceiling. I may have to cancel if the final price is actually above that.

This also has me quite worried: Canadian dollar drops to below 70 cents US - Business - CBC News

I believe all Canadian Signatures have been invited to configure.

I'm General Production #8 and still no invite.

And I hate to disagree with justdave, but I suspect that Tesla is going to implement a similar pricing policy as the US Signatures. A US Signature is close to $8000 cheaper than a comparably configured production version. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm preparing to be right.

And I hate to disagree with justdave, but I suspect that Tesla is going to implement a similar pricing policy as the US Signatures. A US Signature is close to $8000 cheaper than a comparably configured production version. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm preparing to be right.

No worries. All I can say is I'm happy to have my price locked in with the exchange rate they gave me. I did not know that the Signatures were discounted. I guess I lucked out a bit there as I only upgraded to the Signature in Nov. 2015.

No worries. All I can say is I'm happy to have my price locked in with the exchange rate they gave me. I did not know that the Signatures were discounted. I guess I lucked out a bit there as I only upgraded to the Signature in Nov. 2015.

Definitely lucky. I assume sig`s get the price break as usually they have been holding 40 000 for a couple of years.

For those interested, my wife was in Yorkdale mall two days ago, and asked when they would be getting an X to test drive? the reply was February!

Unfortunately, with our dollar going down, the X is looking less and less feasible for our family.

Definitely lucky. I assume sig`s get the price break as usually they have been holding 40 000 for a couple of years.

For those interested, my wife was in Yorkdale mall two days ago, and asked when they would be getting an X to test drive? the reply was February!

Unfortunately, with our dollar going down, the X is looking less and less feasible for our family.

I guess we will have to wait and see how Tesla deals with the continued devaluation of our dollar.

If they will have one at Yorkdale in February that must mean they will be approved for import into Canada which may speed up my delivery. I like the sound of that.

I had my Sig X order confirmed on Jan. 8. ......

Where are you all getting your Sig #s. All I have is an RN#.

I can't remember what thread it was posted on but I believe about 4 months ago TESLA quit providing sequence #s (Prior to that the Sig sequence # was provided when the car was reserved. )
There was some discussion about people searching the reservation web page source to locate a sequence number.
If you converted to a Sig X in Nov, 2015 then it must have been too late get a sequence #. I'm not sure but Tesla may have reinstated the sequence number on newer reservations.

I have to say, I was disappointed when nothing appeared in my inbox today. I hope they don't make us wait the 6 weeks it took between all the US sigs to be invited and production invites to start.

If anyone notices the Tesla site slowing down, its just me pressing F5.

I have to say, I was disappointed when nothing appeared in my inbox today. I hope they don't make us wait the 6 weeks it took between all the US sigs to be invited and production invites to start.

If anyone notices the Tesla site slowing down, its just me pressing F5.

Better day tomorrow, there were only 50 signatures from Canada (highest sequence #72 all confirmed in one day,probably 22 cancelled) so IMHO we will not have to wait for 6 weeks. Good luck.

In case some of you are not following this thread, North American reservation holders are being invited for test drives and Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are locations for the tour events.

I have received my invitation and RSVPed for March 9th in Montreal! Can't wait!!!

In case some of you are not following this thread, North American reservation holders are being invited for test drives and Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are locations for the tour events.

I have received my invitation and RSVPed for March 9th in Montreal! Can't wait!!!

yep! Although oddly the Vancouver event is the only "coming soon" one. I am going to wear out my refresh button on that site!

Thanks for your post alerting me about the email, found it under Gmail's Promotion Tab.
Quickly grabbed a spot on Sunday in Toronto. There was only one afternoon slot left on Saturday, but plenty on other days.