Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My ETA for the GTA is roughly the end of June to the end of July. But we all know Tesla way to well now. That means nothing unfortunately.

Eventually I'll have a Model X 90D In the GTA to show you. But by then you'll probably have seen a sig or P90D randomly during your travels.
No I haven't seen the X at all...I heard there was couple of them in Canada in february or march used as a test drive car for people who purchased one...but I heard that in April it was too late...

Agreed but I think the point of Musk's tweet was that existing orders would get this benefit. Maybe the additional price change came as part 1 of this, to make sure there are no more surprises when it is too late to pass it on to early reservations.

Also noticed on the Tesla pricing page that they are saying $12,000 as the ON, QC provincial incentive. I wasn't aware of anything new that would get us the bigger bump - anyone else know anything on this? Would be extra super duper-ry with the price drops ++ government incentives [Happy dance] o_O;):confused:

Also noticed on the Tesla pricing page that they are saying $12,000 as the ON, QC provincial incentive. I wasn't aware of anything new that would get us the bigger bump - anyone else know anything on this? Would be extra super duper-ry with the price drops ++ government incentives [Happy dance] o_O;):confused:
Actually, for Ontario, I'm still seeing $3,000 for Provincial Incentives. I do see $12,000 for "Estimated gasoline savings over 5 years". Could you have crossed these two values?

Vandacca: you are correct there. I looked at the spot that usually has the provincial incentives, and only saw the $12,000 number. So I assumed that was the ON, QC incentive. I looked closer a second time and I now see that the $12,000 number is the estimated gas savings and no mention for me re $3000 provincial incentive. My bad on this one! Sorry to get everyone's hopes up (especially mine). Still a happy dance with the price drops even without any government incentive change.

Last edited:
Anyone had confirmation from their DS that their X is now been built ?

I know some were supposed to start this week, some next week (me all I know is "End of May"). I am just wondering if we know when it's really happening, without asking them !
My DS ,Justin, was returning a message I left about trade in values and the first words he opened with, was that my car was in the paint section.

I was pretty stoked.

I have to say my DS Justin Minns and all the Tesla people I have spoken too have been pretty enthusiastic and as a small business owner I am impressed with this team of young people.

Kudos to whoever is doing the hiring in Toronto because this crew is solid.

Reactions: Jon
My DS ,Justin, was returning a message I left about trade in values and the first words he opened with, was that my car was in the paint section.

I was pretty stoked.

I have to say my DS Justin Minns and all the Tesla people I have spoken too have been pretty enthusiastic and as a small business owner I am impressed with this team of young people.

Kudos to whoever is doing the hiring in Toronto because this crew is solid.
Yes I like Justin Minns. He has been mostly great. He is a bit slow at responding to emails, but he does eventually.
Spoke to Justin a couple of days ago.

Too bad I sold my car myself... I will ask to trade my other car just to get that kind of great news:)
Good that you sold it yourself. Tesla gives you almost pennies on the dollar for your trade ins. I didn't want to have to sell my car privately, as I don't have the time. They offered me nearly ½ of the lowest I was willing to go, which already was more than 1/3 less than I could get privately.

My DS warned me in advance not to get my hopes up, but the $ offered was insulting.