Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I missed this originally. I don't have anything firm but I've been told possibly mid to late July. I'm currently planning on picking it up in Vancouver as I may be in the Okanagan when it arrives and I'll probably use it to drive back (probably in convoy with my model S which we will be using to go to the Okanagan.
I was told my 90D was in production the week of June 6th. Last wednesday I was told that my DS pinged my car and got a response, so although his system said it was still in production, it was built and going through QA. I was told this could take a week or so and then shipping, to Toronto, depended on whether it was going via truck or train, followed by more testing and configuration once it arrives in Canada. Originally i was told end of June delivery, but last week was told early to mid July was more likely.

Even if there wasn't a price reduction and i missed the last one in May, it appeared to me that it did drop, and that was a happy day!:)

Reactions: Gymee
Enjoy the reduction...better late than never...May 19th or June 19th , you got it eventually:D
Thank you.

And thanks to everyone at TMC for the support. I think my wife, friends, ℅-workers and everyone are sick of hearing about my MX. I'm excited! I'm coming from a long line of Toyota Camry's. I sold my 2012 Camry SE a bit prematurely, so I'm toughening out the wait in a borrowed 2006 Camry :(

Reactions: Andrei
My DS just called me! My MX 90D is finished production!!!!!

He said it should arrive in Toronto by the end of the month and i will most likely take delivery shortly after that. Probably the first week of July!
I assume we have the same DS (JM). He hasn't called me yet, so perhaps you'll be getting yours before me. That's okay with me, since I purposely waited as long as I could to confirm, in order to try to get a more refinely built vehicle. :)

I assume we have the same DS (JM). He hasn't called me yet, so perhaps you'll be getting yours before me. That's okay with me, since I purposely waited as long as I could to confirm, in order to try to get a more refinely built vehicle. :)
Yes, we do have the same DS. I speak to him pretty regularly. I had left him a VM yesterday with a question, so he was calling me back.

JM told me that I could reach out to him weekly with updates.

You can call or email him any time for updates too. What day did you confirm? Perhaps we will take delivery on or about the same day?

Yes, we do have the same DS. I speak to him pretty regularly. I had left him a VM yesterday with a question, so he was calling me back.

JM told me that I could reach out to him weekly with updates.

You can call or email him any time for updates too. What day did you confirm? Perhaps we will take delivery on or about the same day?
I confirmed March 30 (see signature). That was the day that the price would have been adjusted $30k higher for Signature owners who hadn't confirmed. That was Tesla's nice way of saying, "s#!t, or get off the pot".

I have no doubt he'll contact me when the vehicle is ready. As long as I have a weeks notice to handle a little financing (had to spend part of my Tesla savings to fix a 8' failing retaining wall) and booking a day off work (apparently they don't normally do deliveries on weekends), I'm good just waiting for him to contact me.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just delay delivery a few days in order to get my ducks in order.

Delivered this morning in Calgary. Confirmed in March 19th as I recall.

P90DL - 6 seater.

According to the transport driver, he had one more for the Calgary Store, and then one for Edmonton in the truck. First deliveries in Alberta according to him.

Cheers!

Congratulations.How was your delivery experience? Was it like the US ones, with a bow on the X, red carpet , Tesla employees clapping etc, and was the delivery checklist helpful?

Sorry for the delay, just got back from my first roadtrip with the X up to Osoyoos. Awesome machine! No problems whatsoever with it and it handled very well on the road.

The delivery experience was nothing special. Done in the parkade at the new store so maybe it will improve over time. The delivery checklist was very helpful and much appreciated.

Hmmm one for Edmonton in the truck..@Zapped took delivery and was getting a full wrap done...wonder who it belongs to...

I suppose technically whoever it is would be the first delivered to Edmonton.
We picked up our Model X on Monday in Vancouver, had a fun drive on the Sea to Sky highway to Whistler and are now in Summerland.

Unfortunately, to do a proper job, the full wrap required the rear hatch badging be removed. People are noticing the vehicle (similar to when the S came out) but are not sure what it is . We're basically driving in Stealth mode until the new badges arrive.

As a first time autopilot user, it is amazing and we seemed to have more time enjoying the scenic drive through the mountains.

SMSMD, thanks again for the check list.

Reactions: SSD420 and Jon
I suppose technically whoever it is would be the first delivered to Edmonton.
We picked up our Model X on Monday in Vancouver, had a fun drive on the Sea to Sky highway to Whistler and are now in Summerland.

Unfortunately, to do a proper job, the full wrap required the rear hatch badging be removed. People are noticing the vehicle (similar to when the S came out) but are not sure what it is . We're basically driving in Stealth mode until the new badges arrive.

As a first time autopilot user, it is amazing and we seemed to have more time enjoying the scenic drive through the mountains.

SMSMD, thanks again for the check list.

Are you happy with the wrap and the company that did it? It is something I want to get done soon as well.

Are you happy with the wrap and the company that did it? It is something I want to get done soon as well.
This is my first experience with XPEL and, as far as I can tell, it looks very good. The bug carnage wipes off very easily.
Autowerkes are great to deal with. They picked up and returned the car to TESLA, so I never actually met the company owner but we talked on the phone. Great guy, said he's very busy, booking into August.

This is my first experience with XPEL and, as far as I can tell, it looks very good. The bug carnage wipes off very easily.
Autowerkes are great to deal with. They picked up and returned the car to TESLA, so I never actually met the company owner but we talked on the phone. Great guy, said he's very busy, booking into August.
Thats great news...if i book him he will take the car wrap it up and deliver it back to Tesla and they can ship it to me...I will talk to my DS if thats possible.

FYI - a truck with some X arrive in montreal tonight late.

My X is on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delivery potentially for tomorrow ar 2pm if everything is ok (nock on wood all night long)

Immediately leaving for a 1000km trip. First EV road trip ever, but I think I am over ready for this
Awesome! I bet that @Local host 's X was on there too since he is picking up on Saturday. Sadly, I haven't heard of mine passed QC since the last update where I learned that it went BACK into production after a flaw was found.

Mine arrived today! Hopefully picking it up early next week.
One of the guys from our club snapped this pic of it at the
image.jpeg
Lawrence Ave store.
Getting excited!

Last edited:
FYI - a truck with some X arrive in montreal tonight late.

My X is on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delivery potentially for tomorrow ar 2pm if everything is ok (nock on wood all night long)

Immediately leaving for a 1000km trip. First EV road trip ever, but I think I am over ready for this

Congratulations! If you are still there on Saturday, we can say hi. The red Sig is mine!

Cheers,

Jon