Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X inventory car purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps other members are aware that some Model X inventory cars are available on the SC computers. I went to the Raleigh SC on 6/29 to finalize my design for a new MX, but learned that inventory X's might be what I want. I had purchased an inventory P85 last December and was very pleased with that discount. I found an X90D in Austin, TX that matched my design with only one small exception and had only 950 miles on the odometer. I am expecting it to arrive within 3 weeks!

Ya I just got one out of Orlando with about 1,100 miles and a $4,500 discount. There was a similar one in Ohio that had premium package, but someone bought it 20 minutes before me, so I went 90D non premium package. I was going to order a 75 D but to inpatient to wait till December. I hope to get it in a couple weeks. $500 transfer fee from Tampa to Miami. My only worry is missing out on newer tech, but that's a battle I will probably never win. Trading in my old MS which I got 6 month to early for autopilot

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
I was in the Portland store today and they have access to about 100 Inventory cars. That will double in the next two-three weeks I was told. They will not be listed on the Tesla site you have to go in and talk to someone. They are really looking to move cars fast for some reason.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
100's of X's or S's?
When I was looking last week I found adout 5 in the configuration I liked. There were a few more with ludicrous mode for $35,000 more. Not for me.
Of course I have concerns getting an early model vehicle. I might be better off waiting 6 months for a new car, may have better tech and kinks worked out. But I went for it.
I wonder if there is a milage limit a car can go and still be sold as new. One X had 50 miles out of Illinois but no discount.

100's of X's or S's?
When I was looking last week I found adout 5 in the configuration I liked. There were a few more with ludicrous mode for $35,000 more. Not for me.
Of course I have concerns getting an early model vehicle. I might be better off waiting 6 months for a new car, may have better tech and kinks worked out. But I went for it.
I wonder if there is a milage limit a car can go and still be sold as new. One X had 50 miles out of Illinois but no discount.
My inventory S P85 that I bought in 12/15 had an October 2014 build date and 11,800 miles. Still was a "new" car with tax credit and warranty for 4 yrs/50k that started the day I bought it.

Yes I have lost some sleep about that but I think it's a losing battle.its a lottery when will they put new technology in the cars. But unless any of the MX or MS coming off the lines are seen to have two cameras then many new X owners will be in same boat. As some said in another thread it would be unfortunate if the X was already outdated when people have only started receiving them in past 6 months? I think people would start being fearful of buying any Tesla

It would appear that Tesla has begun including new hardware in cars rolling off the line, and only after a period of time, do they announce that new "feature" at time of configuring. They then have the option to go back to the recent deliveries and allow them to "upgrade" to the new feature for a price. That takes the sting out a little when you receive a vehicle a few days after a new feature is announced.

I was in the Portland store today and they have access to about 100 Inventory cars. That will double in the next two-three weeks I was told. They will not be listed on the Tesla site you have to go in and talk to someone. They are really looking to move cars fast for some reason.

I'm really puzzled. Why sell these cars under the counter?
An other question; why these cars have miles on their odometer?