Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
31xx, p90dl. Confirmed 1/2, original delivery Late Apr / early May. No timing updates from my DS. When do I start to worry that my car was built so badly that I should consider refusing it?

A P90DL confirmed on 1/2 should've had a much lower VIN <1000 and should've been built and delivered. Did you change order after confirming? Doesn't add up.

Reactions: ksquared
So I emailed my DS yesterday. I try not to bother him...I keep my emails at once every 2 weeks. I feel like that's fair and not too annoying.

Anyway...he called back and told me I am FINALLY in production. He's hoping for end of month delivery but who knows...

Wait...is that....i think its....is it?.....is that a light somewhere near the other end of this tunnel I am seeing?

Reactions: mlouie23
So I emailed my DS yesterday. I try not to bother him...I keep my emails at once every 2 weeks. I feel like that's fair and not too annoying.

Anyway...he called back and told me I am FINALLY in production. He's hoping for end of month delivery but who knows...

Wait...is that....i think its....is it?.....is that a light somewhere near the other end of this tunnel I am seeing?
Wow. That's crazy. I think many of us would love to hear how they sequence the production cue.

Congrats!

Reactions: Leodoc
Picked up "The Beast" yesterday. Absolutely love it! Best car I've ever owned though still feeling overwhelmed by all the technology and settings. Wish there was some sort of touchscreen emulator where you can learn and play with all the settings/screens. You reading this, Elon?

Did summon into garage for first time today. SO ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

Love autopilot, love the acceleration and being able to precool the car. 113 after breakfast and in <5 minutes had it down to 80 in the AZ heat! Just amazing to think I will NEVER get into a blazing hot car again!!

Got the sunshade!! Dumb question, is it for the top of the windshield to reduce heat? Is it for the front of the windshield when you're not in the car? Both? It really doesn't fit well for either.

Slight alignment issue that will be fixed next week. Those issues are causing some wind noise. Hoping the wind noise will go away. How quiet are your cars?

Scratch in clear coat and stains on headliner. All were fixed prior to my leaving. Vanity mirror lights don't work on driver side, passenger side was fine.

Beyond that everything else was flawless. Removing the charging cable is confusing me. Pushing and holding the button, but takes a few times before it unlocks. Doors scare me in the garage and also out in public. Seems the demo Elon did with 2 cars parked close to the X at the reveal where they went up all the way and what mine is doing is night and day.

Favorite thing is the windshield. Sounds silly but it creates an immersive driving experience. I feel totally a part of the world around me with an unobstructed view.

100 miles so far and counting!! Look forward to auto park initializing. How long did that take for other owners?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    479.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 64

I have to admit, I have probably annoyed my DS a bit, called once a week. On Friday I found out it is actually in production. Hopefully it will be on transport end of next week. I'm not holding me breath but super excited.

Picked up "The Beast" yesterday. Absolutely love it! Best car I've ever owned though still feeling overwhelmed by all the technology and settings. Wish there was some sort of touchscreen emulator where you can learn and play with all the settings/screens. You reading this, Elon?

Love autopilot, love the acceleration and being able to precool the car. 113 after breakfast and in <5 minutes had it down to 80 in the AZ heat! Just amazing to think I will NEVER get into a blazing hot car again!!

Got the sunshade!! Dumb question, is it for the top of the windshield to reduce heat? Is it for the front of the windshield when you're not in the car? Both? It really doesn't fit well for either.

Slight alignment issue that will be fixed next week. Those issues are causing some wind noise. Hoping the wind noise will go away. How quiet are your cars?

Scratch in clear coat and stains on headliner. All were fixed prior to my leaving. Vanity mirror lights don't work on driver side, passenger side was fine.

Beyond that everything else was flawless. Removing the charging cable is confusing me. Pushing and holding the button, but takes a few times before it unlocks. Doors scare me in the garage and also out in public. Seems the demo Elon did with 2 cars parked close to the X at the reveal where they went up all the way and what mine is doing is night and day.

Favorite thing is the windshield. Sounds silly but it creates an immersive driving experience. I feel totally a part of the world around me with an unobstructed view.

100 miles so far and counting!! Look forward to auto park initializing. How long did that take for other owners?
Congratulations! So very curious to see how it is in the AZ heat with that windshield

Great post and very envious!! Wish I could help answer some of your questions, but I'm just in "aww" of what you are feeling and experiencing.

Congratulations @MattXowner and enjoy!! :)

The AC works great in the AZ heat. Keeps the cabin cool at about 68-70.

The tint on the windshield, rear doors and skylights is purely to darken the cabin but does not provide any heat reduction from what I can tell. My approach was SUPER scientific...I touched the top of the windshield (HOT) then I touched the driver untinted window and it was also HOT!

Need to get some heat reduction tint for sure on all windows and windshield for sure!!

• Funny
Reactions: loganintx

Great post @MattXowner ! Thank you for all the insights.
Can you share a picture of The Beast parked in your garage with the falcon wings up? I'll probably have a similar setup. Do you know the height of your garage door engine?
Also, how did you practice and configure summon?
Your X's name is awesome! Glad you included the X-man pic!

The AC works great in the AZ heat. Keeps the cabin cool at about 68-70.

The tint on the windshield, rear doors and skylights is purely to darken the cabin but does not provide any heat reduction from what I can tell. My approach was SUPER scientific...I touched the top of the windshield (HOT) then I touched the driver untinted window and it was also HOT!

Need to get some heat reduction tint for sure on all windows and windshield for sure!!
That is what I figured. I plan to have the windshield done with 3M film to keep the heat and UV out and some 35% tint on the driver and passenger doors and then see how bad it is in the back. I might have the top of the windshield tinted darker on the inside as well. I like the idea of the big windshield but I am worried it will be much to bright in the AZ summer sun.

All, I have some good news to share. My DS told me early last week that "conservatively" I should expect my car late July/early August, possibly a bit earlier but assume these dates (I'm in the east coast keep in mind). He called me today about some unrelated question, and I asked about if he had any updates on production. He said nearly word for word the following:

"They are actually ahead of schedule by about a week producing the cars. I expect your car by early July, conservatively mid July now. There's a chance we might get it in the last few days of June but I'm not sure. Your car should enter production in 2-3 weeks."

2-3 weeks till production starts seems impossible to deliver by late June. However someone else on the forums with a VIN within 80 of mine said they were given a specific date of June 20th a week ago as their start date for production. Assuming mine was the same date and has since been pushed up a week to the 13th, the end of June IS possible even to the east coast, however I'm not holding my breath.