Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here, first Tesla for our family of 4 replacing a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland! Its a 90D, Black Leather, non premium, 20" std wheels. Anyone interested in buying a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 31 k miles?

Finally, been waiting for nearly 3 years for this machine, received the car this past Friday at the Denver service center, then left for a two week vacation to Solana Beach....bittersweet but LOVVVVE the car. There was basically nothing wrong with it except for a small 4mm dab of adhesive on the center console wood. I will simply use some goo off to remove, if I can't ill complain later. Body panel and door alignment was what I was most concerned with and everything seemed acceptable to me, not perfect but within a few mm's. Also, as a Jeep wrangler owner I'm slightly knowledgeable about seals, owning both a hard top and soft top for my Jeep. I paid close attention to the seals around the FWD, everything looked overlapping and tight with no folds. I had to press the seal in deeper along a couple spots on the chassis surrounding the FWD. This car is unreal, I feel like futureman driving around town. The autopilot is VERY cool even using at slow speeds in traffic. Everything is intuitive, so much better than our Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Can't wait to get back home to just drive around town. Ordered a set of graphite colored Alloygator wheel protectors on Ebay. Ill post pics when I get back home!
IMG_20160603_105855911_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160603_110026268.jpg
    IMG_20160603_110026268.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20160603_110738508.jpg
    IMG_20160603_110738508.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 72
Picking up the 17th in Westchester, NY. I think it's at the SC, yours may be on the same truck, call your DS.

Is this in Mt. Kisco? Do you happen to know if there's a super charger there that's open for Tesla owners? I'll be traveling to Westchester from VA a few times, and I didn't see any superchargers in the area when I looked online, other than possibly one at the Mt. Kisco showroom.

Quick question for you guys about payment

I don't see a place on MyTesla where I can pay a cash payment before I set up financing. I thought this was an option?
About a month ago everything "locked down" in MyTesla for pending Model X orders. It was definitely an option before (cash, Tesla financing, lease, or customer arranged financing iirc). I'm not sure what new orders are seeing, but regardless you should be finalizing payment with your DS.

First post here, first Tesla for our family of 4 replacing a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland! Its a 90D, Black Leather, non premium, 20" std wheels. Anyone interested in buying a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 31 k miles?

Finally, been waiting for nearly 3 years for this machine, received the car this past Friday at the Denver service center, then left for a two week vacation to Solana Beach....bittersweet but LOVVVVE the car. There was basically nothing wrong with it except for a small 4mm dab of adhesive on the center console wood. I will simply use some goo off to remove, if I can't ill complain later. Body panel and door alignment was what I was most concerned with and everything seemed acceptable to me, not perfect but within a few mm's. Also, as a Jeep wrangler owner I'm slightly knowledgeable about seals, owning both a hard top and soft top for my Jeep. I paid close attention to the seals around the FWD, everything looked overlapping and tight with no folds. I had to press the seal in deeper along a couple spots on the chassis surrounding the FWD. This car is unreal, I feel like futureman driving around town. The autopilot is VERY cool even using at slow speeds in traffic. Everything is intuitive, so much better than our Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Can't wait to get back home to just drive around town. Ordered a set of graphite colored Alloygator wheel protectors on Ebay. Ill post pics when I get back home!
View attachment 179542
Congrats. Tell me if you could about your Denver delivery experience...
Were you rushed? Was Chris your DS? Anything a non EV owner should know about? I have a Denver delivery too when my 5-seat 90D is built. Did anyone recommend wrapping your car? Thanks

Great post @MattXowner ! Thank you for all the insights.
Can you share a picture of The Beast parked in your garage with the falcon wings up? I'll probably have a similar setup. Do you know the height of your garage door engine?
Also, how did you practice and configure summon?
Your X's name is awesome! Glad you included the X-man pic!

Sure thing. Here's a pic. There's 2 settings in the doors menu. Either full open or partial. The rails for the garage door are low enough that I need to have the setting on partial open. See pic.

I tried the full open in the garage and am pretty sure the sensors only look out and NOT up (can anyone confirm?) and the door hit the rails. Yikes. No damage, just a light tap, but will leave setting on partial open.

Good news is that friends and family (6'2) have said it's easy to get out on partial open with just a little duck and when not in the garage I can open them full via touch screen or second pull from the passenger will take them from partial to full open as well.

Summon is scary but very easy to use. In settings you have to indicate how close to the front wall you want the car to pull (I said 20 inches) and the car will pull in, center itself and stop where you want it then close the garage door.

When you want to leave you have to indicate how far you want it to back out (I said 20 feet) and it will open the garage door, back out and stop.

Also, very important to change the open height of the trunk so it doesn't hit anything.

3 days of ownership and I'm even more in love. Think I have all the settings where I want them now and am no longer feeling super overwhelmed by the options.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 66
Sure thing. Here's a pic. There's 2 settings in the doors menu. Either full open or partial. The rails for the garage door are low enough that I need to have the setting on partial open. See pic.

I tried the full open in the garage and am pretty sure the sensors only look out and NOT up (can anyone confirm?) and the door hit the rails. Yikes. No damage, just a light tap, but will leave setting on partial open.

Good news is that friends and family (6'2) have said it's easy to get out on partial open with just a little duck and when not in the garage I can open them full via touch screen or second pull from the passenger will take them from partial to full open as well.

Summon is scary but very easy to use. In settings you have to indicate how close to the front wall you want the car to pull (I said 20 inches) and the car will pull in, center itself and stop where you want it then close the garage door.

When you want to leave you have to indicate how far you want it to back out (I said 20 feet) and it will open the garage door, back out and stop.

Also, very important to change the open height of the trunk so it doesn't hit anything.

3 days of ownership and I'm even more in love. Think I have all the settings where I want them now and am no longer feeling super overwhelmed by the options.
Thx for taking more pics! Especially the garage ones :)
Appreciate your tutorial and experience you had "training" the Beast to park and summon.

All, I have some good news to share. My DS told me early last week that "conservatively" I should expect my car late July/early August, possibly a bit earlier but assume these dates (I'm in the east coast keep in mind). He called me today about some unrelated question, and I asked about if he had any updates on production. He said nearly word for word the following:

"They are actually ahead of schedule by about a week producing the cars. I expect your car by early July, conservatively mid July now. There's a chance we might get it in the last few days of June but I'm not sure. Your car should enter production in 2-3 weeks."

2-3 weeks till production starts seems impossible to deliver by late June. However someone else on the forums with a VIN within 80 of mine said they were given a specific date of June 20th a week ago as their start date for production. Assuming mine was the same date and has since been pushed up a week to the 13th, the end of June IS possible even to the east coast, however I'm not holding my breath.
Thx for gathering and sharing the intel @Brandon332 ! What's your VIN?
I'd like to request my DS for a late June production start, but don't think it's in his hands to do anything about it. Hopeful an earlier delivery date for you!

Thx for gathering and sharing the intel @Brandon332 ! What's your VIN?
I'd like to request my DS for a late June production start, but don't think it's in his hands to do anything about it. Hopeful an earlier delivery date for you!

VIN is 880X. I confirmed back on February 4th and got every option except fancy wheels. I'm not sure if they take confirmation date/options selected into consideration now when queuing production but if so this could explain why I received a VIN earlier than many factory delivery/california 75D orders.

Reactions: mlouie23
Spoke to my DS yesterday (Fremont based - very responsive indeed). Still seeing production to start soon and delivery by end of June (from factory).

PS Just wanted to show off that I've been graduated to a signature....

That's great news! We have a very similar set up (except we got blue) and vin is not too far off from yours. Hopefully I hear some good news by tomorrow or so.

Thx for taking more pics! Especially the garage ones :)
Appreciate your tutorial and experience you had "training" the Beast to park and summon.
You got it. Did some free destination charging today at a local movie theater. Only 32 amp which charged at 17mi/hour. Can't complain since it was free, but seemed pretty light. see all these people with 72amp upgrade??? Can't figure out why?? Those cars would still get same 32 amp of juice. Has anyone seen 72 amp service outside their own homes yet?

You got it. Did some free destination charging today at a local movie theater. Only 32 amp which charged at 17mi/hour. Can't complain since it was free, but seemed pretty light. see all these people with 72amp upgrade??? Can't figure out why?? Those cars would still get same 32 amp of juice. Has anyone seen 72 amp service outside their own homes yet?
Destination charging? Was it an actual Tesla HPWC or a J1772?

If it was really a destination charger then it was not one on a full 100 amp circuit. There are many that are though.

Based on the Vin numbers being noted I’m getting the impression that Model X is significantly behind the stated production goals.
  • Tesla reported 750 units/wk by end of March
  • Musk mentioned Model rate to be 1000/wk by end of Q2
If these goals were being met Vin # 12000 would be scheduled for delivery in the month of June.
This is certainly not the case!

Is this in Mt. Kisco? Do you happen to know if there's a super charger there that's open for Tesla owners? I'll be traveling to Westchester from VA a few times, and I didn't see any superchargers in the area when I looked online, other than possibly one at the Mt. Kisco showroom.
TBH, I've never been that location yet, I'll find out soon enough. There's a supercharger in Greenwich CT which borders Port Chester in Westchester.