Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that says "Model 3" and it is deliberate. A bit of an inside joke...

So I'm guessing you didn't see these two posts upthread (and now below.)

Pretty sure it's just a compression artifact. The "S" in "September" is exactly alike.

View attachment 95030

Here is a close-up of the text on my email:

View attachment 95033

(It helps to have the 5K iMac with Retina Display. Makes the Design Studio for Model X look great!)

I'm honestly surprised at the # of folks complaining about this. Y'all were mad when you thought they weren't going to have an event and now you're mad they're having one but didn't notify you in a window appropriate for you. Just be happy they're having an event! Love reading this forum but sometimes it can get so darned negative. Everything is okay - let's watch the livestream and celebrate this amazing, innovative company!

I'm honestly surprised at the # of folks complaining about this. Y'all were mad when you thought they weren't going to have an event and now you're mad they're having one but didn't notify you in a window appropriate for you. Just be happy they're having an event! Love reading this forum but sometimes it can get so darned negative. Everything is okay - let's watch the livestream and celebrate this amazing, innovative company!

I love reading this forum too, but sometimes comments like yours' turn me off. Not your opinion part on Tesla's activities, which is fair enough of course, but the part where you try to put others down for voicing feedback and telling them how to think. I mean, guys like NigelM probably aren't the biggest Tesla haters and negative posters in the world... ;)

It is quite OK to have diverse opinions on what Tesla does - and sometimes Tesla might be wise to listen. Other times, perhaps not. Either way, let's embrace that diversity. Chalking it all up to "Tesla can't win, can they", I'm not sure I agree with.

I'm honestly surprised at the # of folks complaining about this. Y'all were mad when you thought they weren't going to have an event and now you're mad they're having one but didn't notify you in a window appropriate for you.

Please. I think I was the only person who said I was ticked off and I also think that's fair enough after waiting for 3 years and then getting short notice to take off for a two day round trip. I don't see anyone being "mad" about it so there's no need to create drama where it doesn't exist.

Number 588 in Europe but I answered I could not come. It would be great but it's not possible unfortunately. t would not have helped with 1-2 weeks of extra time to decide.

For those coming from afar, it would be a bit of a risk anyway, as no details have really been released about the event. To invest that kind of time and wind up with a brief event could be a let-down. Having a streaming event is a huge benefit for those of you in Europe, I would think.

I've got no skin in this game at all. I don't have an X reservation, and have little interest in the X.

That being said, I completely understand why those people with signature reservations feel somewhat miffed about the way this is going down. My understanding is that some of them asked explicitly if there was going to be a launch event or not, and were told there would not be. There's just no need for the misdirection, disinformation, and what some might even call lies. This is a big deal for a lot of people, including many who are willing to travel from a great distance. Why not give them the time to plan appropriately?

It seems that lately for every one huge thing Tesla does well, they do five little things wrong. The big things are important, but so are the little things. Companies --do-- lose customers over little things.

Any other Model X Signature Reservation holders NOT get an invite? I have a Model X signature reservation and have not received an invite.

Only response I have received from Tesla this morning are two denials that an event is happening on the 29th. They seem to have propagated that message well :)

Six - I haven't (yet) received an invite. I just called up the phone number in the configuration email (or you'd call Customer Service / Delivery if you don't have the configuration email as yet) and asked about it. They confirmed that I should have been on the invitation list, and are figuring out how to get the invitation sent out.

I'd suggest giving them a call - I think you'll have it sorted in no time.

Six - I haven't (yet) received an invite. I just called up the phone number in the configuration email (or you'd call Customer Service / Delivery if you don't have the configuration email as yet) and asked about it. They confirmed that I should have been on the invitation list, and are figuring out how to get the invitation sent out.

I'd suggest giving them a call - I think you'll have it sorted in no time.

Did you opt out of the marketing emails when registering?

I know I (and some others who) originally did and thus did not receive some invites... even after turning on the marketing emails (or whatever the option was called), this time I seem to have been added to the list though. Maybe there is a delay or manual process to add opt-out people on the lists after they opt-in.

... I just called up the phone number in the configuration email (or you'd call Customer Service / Delivery if you don't have the configuration email as yet) and asked about it...
When I don't get invites that should arrive, the phone call works well. Best to call soon. Don't wait more than a day. Even after the call, the email can take an extra day or two. Call again if necessary.

I've got no skin in this game at all. I don't have an X reservation, and have little interest in the X.

That being said, I completely understand why those people with signature reservations feel somewhat miffed about the way this is going down. My understanding is that some of them asked explicitly if there was going to be a launch event or not, and were told there would not be. There's just no need for the misdirection, disinformation, and what some might even call lies. This is a big deal for a lot of people, including many who are willing to travel from a great distance. Why not give them the time to plan appropriately?

It seems that lately for every one huge thing Tesla does well, they do five little things wrong. The big things are important, but so are the little things. Companies --do-- lose customers over little things.

Probably last week there was no plans of a launch event. When asked prior to last week about a launch event, Tesla employers would ask their manager who would ask their supervisor and the word was there is no Model X launch event.

But probably late last week or so things changed. Elon decided he wanted a launch event. So we're going to have a launch event.

Should they have notified people earlier? Probably. Sure, it would be nice. But in Tesla's perspective the event is going to be live streamed and recorded so there's no absolute need for sig reservation holders to be there. They'll get all the info from the recorded presentation and press releases. The event is mostly for the press and to get he word out to publications/sites. There will likely be a separate Q&A session for the press. That's the focus of the public event. The press also were given the same timeframe notice but they get paid and their companies will foot the travel bill.

Tesla with where it's at in its company history really ought to be better with advanced planning, but Elon has full power and he likes to change things last minute. Everybody adjusts around him.

This is just how Tesla rolls.

I highly doubt it was Elon just wanting a launch event on a whim. I think it is much more likely that Tesla's marketing people, who monitor this forum and other social media (and talk to reservation holders, for that matter) figured out that it was going to be perceived very negatively if they didn't do something, so they did something-- rushed together an event.

Good for them for figuring it out, and paying attention to their customer base.

Probably last week there was no plans of a launch event. When asked prior to last week about a launch event, Tesla employers would ask their manager who would ask their supervisor and the word was there is no Model X launch event.

But probably late last week or so things changed. Elon decided he wanted a launch event. So we're going to have a launch event.

Should they have notified people earlier? Probably. Sure, it would be nice. But in Tesla's perspective the event is going to be live streamed and recorded so there's no absolute need for sig reservation holders to be there. They'll get all the info from the recorded presentation and press releases. The event is mostly for the press and to get he word out to publications/sites. There will likely be a separate Q&A session for the press. That's the focus of the public event. The press also were given the same timeframe notice but they get paid and their companies will foot the travel bill.

Tesla with where it's at in its company history really ought to be better with advanced planning, but Elon has full power and he likes to change things last minute. Everybody adjusts around him.

This is just how Tesla rolls.

I highly doubt it was Elon just wanting a launch event on a whim. I think it is much more likely that Tesla's marketing people, who monitor this forum and other social media (and talk to reservation holders, for that matter) figured out that it was going to be perceived very negatively if they didn't do something, so they did something-- rushed together an event.

Good for them for figuring it out, and paying attention to their customer base.

I never said Elon wanted a launch event on a whim. I said he changed his mind probably very recently. That's different than "on a whim". And it most definitely could be because of complaints of customers not getting enough X info and at the suggestion of the marketing team. But for these things, Elon makes the final decisions.

I love reading this forum too, but sometimes comments like yours' turn me off. Not your opinion part on Tesla's activities, which is fair enough of course, but the part where you try to put others down for voicing feedback and telling them how to think. I mean, guys like NigelM probably aren't the biggest Tesla haters and negative posters in the world...
wink.gif

It is quite OK to have diverse opinions on what Tesla does - and sometimes Tesla might be wise to listen. Other times, perhaps not. Either way, let's embrace that diversity. Chalking it all up to "Tesla can't win, can they", I'm not sure I agree with.

Please. I think I was the only person who said I was ticked off and I also think that's fair enough after waiting for 3 years and then getting short notice to take off for a two day round trip. I don't see anyone being "mad" about it so there's no need to create drama where it doesn't exist.

Fair enough. I guess I just got on this thread thinking folks would be super excited and was surprised at some of the consternation. I agree that Tesla isn't perfect - you would know much more than me. What's unfortunate is I'm not a dramatic person, didn't want to stir it up, and re-reading my comment I may have been hyperbolic. No offense intended!