Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm honestly surprised at the # of folks complaining about this. Y'all were mad when you thought they weren't going to have an event and now you're mad they're having one but didn't notify you in a window appropriate for you. Just be happy they're having an event! Love reading this forum but sometimes it can get so darned negative. Everything is okay - let's watch the livestream and celebrate this amazing, innovative company!

+1!

Not alluding to any previous comments here, I just want to say: I'm stoked! It's happening. I think many of us can't quite fathom that the "final" Model X is finally going to be unveiled in ~1 week. Holy cow.

This bird of prey is probably going to do to the premium SUV market what the Model S is doing to the premium sedan market... or worse. Aside from grabbing the attention of people who love wicked acceleration, it's going to grab the eyes of anyone who notices that the doors are not normal. The windshield is going to amaze some people. The comfortable and easy-to-access back seats are going to bring a Tesla grin to more people. The storage space (in most regards) is ridiculous. And then there are still reportedly some big surprises regarding cool features.

This will be the new standard for SUVs.

I'm stoked! :D

+1 !

Nobody's "mad" and that statement was retracted, although I'll admit to getting mad now as it's getting more than a little tiring to keep being criticized by Californians for pointing out that a little more notice would be preferred to book a two day, cross country trip.
What? Is your private jet needing certification testing and unavailable...too? I know that's usually my problem. :biggrin:

Nobody's "mad" and that statement was retracted, although I'll admit to getting mad now as it's getting more than a little tiring to keep being criticized by Californians for pointing out that a little more notice would be preferred to book a two day, cross country trip.

Agreed. While it looks like I have been able to jump through the 10 hoops and will be going, the hoop jumping would have been much less with 14 days notice.

I updated my earlier post. A quick mention for those who are visiting nearby attractions, check their operating hours. Some have a frustrating schedule of closing on Monday or Tuesday. Worse is the conflicting information at the Computer Museum that shows a different schedule at the home page compared with the telephone or calendar info. Have fun and drive safely. Allow extra time for Supercharging considering the large number of fully booked hotels.

I am reminded...

...Of my three and one-half year wait for my Model S, placed long before there was even a model of the car, and that sweet time before, when all is but dream and conversation and chartrooms of anticipatory Tesla enthusiorgasm. Folks holding a Model X reservation, I hope you can enjoy THIS time, before, when all is newer than new. I am thrilled for you.

...Of my invite to see The Model S appointed Motor Trend Car of The Year, thanks to the genuine grace of TeslaGuy (John you are The Best), and, quite literally, transforming from "hoping to go" two days prior, to actually (literally) interviewing Elon in front of a crowd of Media.

...Of how much true Fun it is to get into this car everyday, 65,000 miles later.

...Of how many Great people I have met along the The Road to Fremont.

Model X Reservation Holders - WHOAH THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN - Enjoy.

Production #83 in Fremont, CA Would Like to be your Model X Launch Event Guest

If any of you lucky Sigs haven't RSVP'd yet, I'd love to go as your guest! I'm Production 83. I reserved at 12:01 PM one minute after the website opened on day 1. People who made it to the Model X Prototype event in Hawthorne the evening before reserved before me.

I have a house in Fremont, where I can see the factory below about 2 miles away.

The event at 901 Page Avenue (not the factory - see photos below) starts at 7 pm. I'll treat you to dinner anywhere you choose prior to the event in Fremont as a token of my appreciation. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!
Russ

901 Page Sign.jpg

901 Page Parking Lot.jpg

901 Page Bldg.jpg

901 Page Bldg Corner.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair, what are people expecting if there was a larger window time?

With more preparation time, the event could have been completely RSVP'd out, with no space available within two hours.

With more preparation time, they might have limited sigs to just a very small number rather than opening it up to people who would really want to go and would open up their schedule and fly cross-country on short notice.

This is very typically Tesla style, and also likely a kneejerk reaction to the kneejerk reactions on the forums here about the MX.