Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a delivery but I received an email saying my car is completed production. Ordered last day of 2016 Model X p100D . Very excited. I am told about 3 weeks to get to South Florida. The range was about 2 weeks so thats a big big window I hope gets narrower and earlier :) Can't Wait!

Not a delivery but I received an email saying my car is completed production. Ordered last day of 2016 Model X p100D . Very excited. I am told about 3 weeks to get to South Florida. The range was about 2 weeks so thats a big big window I hope gets narrower and earlier :) Can't Wait!

Also in South Florida. Just scheduled delivery of our P100D on March 15th at Dania Beach. Ordered December 27th.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Fast P100D is Fast! Delivery went well. Only one piece of brightwork slightly out of place. Didn't care enough to make them fix it. I figure maybe I'll deal with it at some future service. Otherwise, the car was absolutely PERFECT. I am driving a space car.

Wow.

Just... wow.
Congrats!! I'm happy for you - after all that waiting. Pretty sure you're sleeping in it tonight ;).

Reactions: PedanticOne
Looks like they're rushing out the cars with higher profit margins.
Mine has been showing "in production" since feb 15th. Got an email last night saying car has now entered production. Got an email this morning from our DS that the car has now entered "general assembly" (according to him, the body and paint is done) and is scheduled for an early April delivery. Not sure what to believe any more.

Mine has been showing "in production" since feb 15th. Got an email last night saying car has now entered production. Got an email this morning from our DS that the car has now entered "general assembly" (according to him, the body and paint is done) and is scheduled for an early April delivery. Not sure what to believe any more.

These days, I think of the MyTesla status as something about your car getting a bunch of aluminum allotted in the factory and starting to be stamped into pieces for your car. But the fun part of assembly, etc. (where your car is now) is the real interesting part. If it's there, it should be done really soon now.

These days, I think of the MyTesla status as something about your car getting a bunch of aluminum allotted in the factory and starting to be stamped into pieces for your car. But the fun part of assembly, etc. (where your car is now) is the real interesting part. If it's there, it should be done really soon now.
I think you are right, the term "in production " takes on multiple meanings!

My X is in Vancouver waiting for prep. Should be "home" on Friday weather permitting :) The anticipation brings jubilation!
Pablo X4 (002).jpg

Just got an update today that my X100D is completed and in transit with new delivery window of March 11-18. Been a long road and was caught up in the factory retool with my X beginning production on Feb 14th. Hopefully, I don't run into delays with the EPA holdup people are experiencing south of the border and I can be one of the 1st to get a X100D in Canada. My previous 2 Model S transit times were less than a week from Fremont to Vancouver, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll take the same amount of time.

Wow whast a difference 4 days make! Your car is a week away and mine is 3 weeks. Do you know when your car was complete vs when it will arrive? I figure they have to fill up a truck before they bring them all down to the other end of the country

In speaking with our S. Florida Service Center, sometimes they deliver them by train to Alabama and then truck them in and other times it's trucking the whole way. I can tell you from my experience of getting my car last week, that the delivery estimates seem to reduce as you get closer to the actual date. I realize this isn't much comfort, but it is well worth the wait.

Last edited:
I went into production this week! Curious what my turnaround time will be. Supposedly average is around 7 days but they can move a bit faster or a lot slower...

I wouldn't hold your breath on the 7 days. Mine went into production on 2/16 and still shows in production. I emailed my DS a few days ago and this is part of the response I got "Your Model X is in active production and moving along nicely. It's currently in the later stages and should be finishing up within the next week or so." What does "later stages mean?"