Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here she is... this car looks and drives perfectly. Much better in person than on the Internet. No issues that I could observe. Auto-presenting drivers door and key fob took a few iterations to figure out, but think I understand how it works now.

Attachments

• IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 101
Congrats! I have your Seattle twin on order (Blue 100D...except white interior...fraternal twin?) for delivery in a month or so. Since I'm local if you need me to car sit it tomorrow just let me know. My references will show I've owned a Model S for 3 years so I have experience with Tesla sitting. Just let me know. ;)
Thanks:) My daughter would have my hide. We have a running joke, if I fart on the leather seats she gets the car. I have to watch what I have to eat with this car:)

Picked mine up yesterday: 100D, pretty much loaded but no Performance and stock wheels/tires. Found only three issues, which made me happy: I've heard of far worse around here, and have personally experienced far worse on prior BMW purchases. My issues:
  1. Hood or headlights are not properly aligned and there are visibly asymmetric gaps.
  2. Trunk did not seem to be perfectly aligned, and they fixed it right there (there are adjustment screws easily at hand)
  3. Today (the day after delivery) I found what I think is a sensor problem. With car locked and in a quiet place, the car suddenly thinks the right front door is open (it's not), and that triggers the car alarm. Opening and closing the door either manually or via the touchscreen resets the sensor. I've turned off the "auto doors" function to troubleshoot and will ask Tesla on Monday.
Overall, I'm extremely happy with my new X compared to my Model S (delivered March 31 2013, exactly four years prior). It's far quieter with no discernible road/tire noise, it's very stable, the seats are better, there's more storage in the car, there's USB ports at every seat, there's A/C for the third row, it's got great visibility... lots of good things.

All my "cons" are very minor: all rearview mirrors are smaller, I like the big windshield but would have preferred it a little smaller, the seat backs are nice but I would have preferred a seat-back pocket, and so on. Nothing to dampen my enthusiasm. And a 300-mile rated range is a beautiful thing to see!

Picked up new 100d in Austin yesterday. Process was relatively painless although the person doing the delivery didn't seem like the most knowledgeable.
Many (small) issues including :
Random dent on rear R passenger quarter panel
Rear bumper had scratches and paint defects where it met the body
L FWD was at least a few millimeters off (very noticeable) from body

They said they would make a service appointment to address all these details but I was somewhat concerned with these issues as this was my first large purchase.

It's starting to sound like there is pressure to get these cars out of the factory and collect the money. Worry about fixing problems later. I've seen this too much with various products over the years, especially when a company needs cash. It would be much cheaper in the long run to just fix it right at the factory.

Reactions: Rossy
It's starting to sound like there is pressure to get these cars out of the factory and collect the money. Worry about fixing problems later. I've seen this too much with various products over the years, especially when a company needs cash. It would be much cheaper in the long run to just fix it right at the factory.

The factory continues to improve on both Model S and Model X. Still, you'll never get the cars perfect so there are some things to fix at delivery. And there has always been a mad rush to deliver cars at the very end of a quarter. Though Tesla faces far less pressure to perform on a quarterly basis than most public stocks do, they still care.

That being said, Tesla is fantastic about fixing any problems found. They take responsibility and they fix things... and they learn from those fixes to improve things for later cars. I'll never forget how the little plastic clips that held the vanity mirrors broke in the first few months of owning my S... and the next time I stopped by for something, they were quietly replaced by metal clips that never broke again. Remember the GM ignition-spring saga? Remember Tesla's battery fires and how they created "Tank Mode" in response, then made it free to the whole fleet? This is not a company that can be accused of "not wanting to fix it right."

The factory continues to improve on both Model S and Model X. Still, you'll never get the cars perfect so there are some things to fix at delivery."

Glad to hear this as I am not accustomed to finding problems with cars on delivery. It has just never happened with me.
ps, word around the gigafactory over here was that there wad great pressure to deliver on this quarter.

I'm sure there was! They do have this mad rush every quarter, I'm not minimizing it. :)

That being said, my Model X is visibly, clearly a far better car than my four-year-old Model S was. It's more solidly planted, with less road/tire noise, crisper and more precise steering, far better seats, and a bunch of other tweaks and improvements. My Model S had some issues on delivery (quickly fixed) and my Model X had some issues on delivery (quickly fixed). Prior BMW and other cars had issues as well, but I expect more issues from Tesla because they're constantly improving and changing the cars so they're also constantly introducing new (but hopefully smaller) problems as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
My MX was a proxy delivery on Friday the 13th ~ okay I am dyslexic or it's April Fools, actually Friday the 31st of March. My son-in-law took the bull (me) by the horns and accepted our MX in our absence ~ my wife and I were in Nevada visiting her parents.:rolleyes:

The delivery team worked outstanding for me because I was sniveling, crying, and whining (cannot drink wine any more) about not being counted as one of the 1Q17 deliveries. Considering all options the team drove the car fifty miles to my home, and allowed our son-in-law to perform the inspection. Everything went off without a hitch ~ speaking of hitch, Tesla does such a fantastic job of camouflaging the towing package I could not find it and had to call in to get help figuring where it was and how to get to it. I was about to request my money back I was so sure it was not installed. I would like a step-by-step video on how to access and set up the towing pin (ball). The wood trim is outstanding. I have sculpted both wood and stone and this paneling is great. If it is faux wood, it got past my sensors. Now we have to figure out the best oil for the wood.

Yesterday, Sunday, was my wife's shopping day with two grandpups and our daughter. The MX performed as advertised including the Falcon Wings:)

Today, Monday, we got our first real road trip. On state route 3 (2 lanes/1 ea way) autopilot would not work, so I was left with enhanced autopilot (cruise control). The road fluctuates between 40 (residential area) and 55 MPH (forested). The change in speed is identified within seconds of passing sign. It appears that yellow speed signs are not identified. I did use full autopilot on highway 101 and it was just fine (4 lanes/2 ea way). If it had not worked, I would have been the one along the side of the freeway yelling, screaming and kicking the tires. I would have kept it up until the MX acknowledged how pissed I was, apologize and drive on. Alas it was smooth and only slightly unnerving for the first time in our MX.

Will test the recharging tomorrow on 110 v once I move things out of the garage. I will be talking with our electrician in the morning about installing the 50 amp socket and a whole house surge suppressor. Warning to others, we were hit by a massive blackout about a year and a half ago and it smacked our primary house. It cost over a thousand dollars to fix and replace electrical components, just fortunately my computer survived. FYI ~ a good house surge suppressor costs about $750 with tax. I was also grateful that the blackout did not damage our solar system.:D

PSE our electrical supplier just bumped our monthly billing up by $33! This follows my applying for a $500 rebate for installing an electrical charging system. I still need to research what justifies the pay increase. I just got the email today notifying me of the increase.

You know me, I like to say more than you really want to know, but the entire process of buying a Tesla vehicle has been without a doubt an outstanding experience. Kudos to James (showroom sales), and Marshall (Delivery) in Seattle.

• Helpful
Reactions: boaterva and FlyF4
@DragonWatch nice info. fyi, I am also a fan of having a whole house surge suppressor, yet as an electronics design engineer for most of my career, I'll say (and you probably know) that a surge suppressor only works to a certain degree depending on many variables and STILL may not protect you if another blackout, brownout, lightning strike, etc occurs. And as a side note, they sometimes interfere with home automation signals on the line (depending on the type). Selection of a home surge protector should require some research to get the proper one for you folks considering it, but don't have on yet.

Ordered: 12/20
Delivered: 3/30
VIN: F035xxx

Pretty disappointed with the delivery. They told me between 3-5pm, I called them at 4 to find out what was going on, driver hadn't even left.
Then he delivered to the wrong address, and didn't show up until almost 7pm, It was getting pretty dark and started raining moments after he unloaded the car. I signed some paper work, he tried to show us a few things, but I need to get the kids to bed and get the car in the garage before the rain/hail storm. Just seemed like they were more interested in dumping the car on me before the quarter ended. I last took a test drive five months ago, I didn't remember how the car operated. Then they send me the email with tutorials four days later :p I love the car, but the whole lack of communication is disappointing. After ordering, I got a call asking for a delivery time/date, some emails asking about payments and that was it. When I told them the a delivery time and address, they couldn't even get that right. When I emailed the SC asking when they will have cargo mats for my VIN, they tell me to buy them online (giving me the link to the old ones).

I'll go through the delivery checklist when I get some time, but I'm dreading if I have to talk with the SC ever again.

Bummer. It is for reasons like this why I NEVER schedule any appointment in the afternoon. Especially true of doctor appointments. They get behind due to emergencies and over scheduling, so you sit in the waiting room forever :eek:
Hopefully, you frustration will quickly be rewarded with pleasure if the car is in good condition.

Reactions: championi