Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tilt and Matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone one confirm to me the Matrix headlight and the til screen finally made it to the model X? It’s been a while since I paid attention.

I got a model S Plaid back In March, and it had the Matrix headlights but no Tilt Screen.

I have asked on a couple of threads, and as recently as this week, deliveries with 2023 VINs do not have matrix headlights.

Hopefully we will see them on the X soon, but a couple of posts from people who have matrix on the S and non-matrix on the X say that current X headlights are fairly close.

Other big hardware change coming up is HW4 cameras... Anybody knows when we might see that in the X?

A guy selling his reservation claims that his upcoming delivery will have Matrix headlights according to SA:

I'd take this with a grain of salt as many SAs are clueless, but let's hope it's true!

Personally, I am happy with my March, 2022 MX lights. And if the inconsistency of the auto high beams is anything to go by, the software to control the matrix lights will suck like the rest of Tesla's software.... That being said, people with other models before/after reported that the matrix lights were better even without the software control. I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions!

I took delivery of a 2023 MX LR ("P" VIN) Wednesday this week (upgraded from 2018 MX). No matrix headlights. Cameras looks the same. No HW4. No seat pockets. Still have USS and tilt display.
What is USS? What are “seat pockets”? I’ve got a 2023 (P vin) that I picked up at the SC on 10/31. It does have the tilt screen and does not appear to have the matrix headlights. I don’t know what this other stuff is.

Reactions: Vitaman
What is USS? What are “seat pockets”? I’ve got a 2023 (P vin) that I picked up at the SC on 10/31. It does have the tilt screen and does not appear to have the matrix headlights. I don’t know what this other stuff is.
USS are the ultrasonic sensors, going away soon. Seat pockets refer to pockets on the back of the front seats, so second row occupants can stuff stuff in there.

USS are the ultrasonic sensors, going away soon. Seat pockets refer to pockets on the back of the front seats, so second row occupants can stuff stuff in there.
Gotcha. Mine then also has USS (which I’m glad about, why would they get rid of those???) and no seat back pockets. I’m also kind of glad about the seat back pockets not being there. I don’t to give up an more leg room and I don’t need another place for stuff to get left.

I have asked on a couple of threads, and as recently as this week, deliveries with 2023 VINs do not have matrix headlights.

Hopefully we will see them on the X soon, but a couple of posts from people who have matrix on the S and non-matrix on the X say that current X headlights are fairly close.

Other big hardware change coming up is HW4 cameras... Anybody knows when we might see that in the X?
There is no comparison between X headlights and S Matrix. My 2019 X had the same headlights as todays X.

Sometimes I’ll be driving along and think what is lighting up the road so bright from behind me. I look in rear view mirror and nobody is there. Oh it’s me :)

Reactions: mr10012