Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My gut feeling is that this is still a disguise as that grille looks like it is just pasted on the front! And as Tesla themselves have said that the nose cone on the MS is the weakest design point, I can hardly imagine that they will just do a weaker repeat on the MX.
And Tesla are doing all in their power to not reveal the nose yet...............
Perhaps even the lights will be way different. Those might be NASCAR style stick-on lights!
I suspect the whole bottom half will be substantially different come the 29th Sept - lights and all.
Let's see....!

What about the hood opening like a butterfly at the sides like on morgans and other vintage cars. Maybe this is the secret feature on the X...

1991_Morgan_4_4_Roadster_With_Honda_S2000_VTEC_Engine_Bonnett_1.jpg

@Sunlight - so many people refuse to accept the nose cone. It's there. And it looks good. As do the side and fog light assemblies. WRT to the lights, yes, this will be a surprise. The entire world takes photos when they see an X, and NO ONE has gotten the lights photographed.... thats where we should focus. WHAT IS BEHIND THOSE LIGHT COVERS?? ;-)

My gut feeling is that this is still a disguise as that grille looks like it is just pasted on the front! And as Tesla themselves have said that the nose cone on the MS is the weakest design point, I can hardly imagine that they will just do a weaker repeat on the MX.
And Tesla are doing all in their power to not reveal the nose yet...............
Perhaps even the lights will be way different. Those might be NASCAR style stick-on lights!
I suspect the whole bottom half will be substantially different come the 29th Sept - lights and all.
Let's see....!

@Sunlight - so many people refuse to accept the nose cone. It's there. And it looks good. As do the side and fog light assemblies. WRT to the lights, yes, this will be a surprise. The entire world takes photos when they see an X, and NO ONE has gotten the lights photographed.... thats where we should focus. WHAT IS BEHIND THOSE LIGHT COVERS?? ;-)

I agree. The nose cone has been revealed with the latest mule shots. As much as I would have liked to see a major redesign there, we're merely getting some tweaks.

I also second the remaining question: What hides behind the eye lids?

I have no problem believing the latest seen nose cone (albeit with missing trim on top) is part of the final setup. It is possible.

After all, the ultimate authority on life, universe and Model X - Eds - made no claim of the nose cone being missing.

In any case, the nosecone looks pretty mature by now, having been hidden previously. It still wouldn't explain throwawayaccount and the September leakster, unless they were trolling or just not in the final loop at all, but hey, those leaksters were no Eds.

In Eds we trust.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... What happened to the rear spoiler?

It is adaptive... so it merely closed?

The lip seems much higher, but I just noticed some camo on the bottom of the rear window, so maybe an optical illusion.

J1mbo: In the latest sightings the spoiler has been body colored - and indeed that is the way it shows in the Design Studio, so maybe that is what is confusing you? In some older sightings we assumed the spoiler to be glass, but perhaps it was just black or black wrap.

OTOH, what you may be seeing is merely optical distortion in the image, it being shot so close by.

OK grumble grumble mutter mutter - if THAT really is the final nose despite minimal detailing and it appearing to be a 'superficial' applique (ie flush with the bodywork), then I'd like to see what it looks like if body-coloured - maybe even with the chrome blacked out.

Then again we'd better wait to see what they do the hood gap/badging/T for Tesla....And the lights.