TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X NA owners: would you pay for Spotify?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dark cloud, Feb 23, 2019.

1. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

2. ajdelange

ajdelange Member

No.

Had to look it up to see what it is and no appeal for me.

But I do have an XM susbscription.

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I would and do. I have had a premium subscription on Spotify for years. Sounds much better because I always steam and download in highest quality.

It would be great if I could get to my playlists and favorites on my Model X, like I can on my phone, tablet, and computers.

4. chilman408

chilman408 Member

Not for putting it on the Tesla, there is bluetooth.

I would pay for Waze on the Tesla.

5. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Bluetooth sound quality is nowhere near as good as the native Spotify App in my UK Tesla. It streams Spotify in premium quality too and it kicks the ass out of all other sources I've tried in this particular system. It's as if the Tesla sound system was optimised around Spotify streaming. Tune-in is a big step down in sound quality (although not bad as a back-up) and DAB is another level down from that and a last resort for me.

Now the latest update has finally solved the Spotify freeze-ups, I can now confidently say it is the best in-car music source I've ever heard outside of directly playing lossless files and I don't happen to have millions of those on hand!

6. skip8jj

skip8jj Member

No, But Waze might be more desirable.

7. KSilver2000

KSilver2000 Member

You guys should try Tidal (or any other lossless music service). Even through Bluetooth, with the premium sound, it’s a night and day difference between Tidal and highest quality Spotify premium.

8. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I don't believe the "even through Bluetooth" part of that. Bluetooth compression, especially via a phone, is still pretty high and will degrade a lossless source significantly.

But sticking to the specific application here, I have personally tried streaming lossless tracks (saved files, so 100% quality at source) on my phone via Bluetooth to my Tesla (MX with premium sound) and the sound quality is simply not as good as the Tesla Spotify App. Whether this is down to the Bluetooth compression and/or simply the way the Tesla system handles the aux input is anyone's guess. If you are in a US Tesla without Spotify, you will just have to take my word for it!

9. scsmx

scsmx Member

I like Slacker quite a bit now. It takes several months to fine tune what you like to listen but I think it does a great job. I changed the bit rate to 320Kbps and the sound with Dolby enabled is excellent.

10. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

I already pay for Spotify, as everyone else should. It should be in our cars in America and I find it so incredibly frustrating that Elon hasn't reached a deal on this yet. Considering the rest of the world has it in their Teslas.