TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X NON-Ultra Fidelity Speaker Location

Discussion in 'Model X' started by adamcb, Sep 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. adamcb

adamcb Member

Hey everyone,

Traded in my Model S P85+ on a Model X P90D last week. It's amazing what a few years of R&D can do for the overall fit and finish for a car. The Model X is so far ahead of where my Model S was - especially in the interior.

I bought an inventory car and while I had the upgraded audio in my Model S, I was torn between getting it in the X. I listened to both the upgraded and standard systems side-by-side and could tell a difference, but it wasn't as much as I would have expected.

QUESTION: The standard system is said to have 9 speakers. Doing a google search, there seems to be some preliminary articles that say the speakers are in the front dash (1), pillars (2 tweeters), front doors (2 mid), FWDs (2) and rear panels (2).

For the life of me I can's find (or hear) any speakers in the rear. I seem to hear mid speakers in the front dash (3), tweeters in the pillars (2), front doors (2) and FWDs (2). Can anyone else confirm this for me? I'm guessing the dash speakers are right, left and center, but I can't distinguish them.

Thanks,

Adam

2. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Maybe 2 in the dash and only 1 in the rear panel (sub-woofer)? I'll check later today to see if I can spot them all.

3. adamcb

adamcb Member

Thanks, vandacca. I can't seem to hear anything from the rear panel(s) nor see where a speaker might go. The standard system doesn't have the sub - so my guess for the only odd-number (non-paired) speaker would be a center channel somewhere.

Adam

4. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

Have you tried fading sound all to the rear to help locate them?

• Like x 1