Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have the button to request it:/ So I guess the phone app let me pay for something I can't even get? Does FSD even mean anything yet while there is still a beta?
Many of the Enhanced Autopilot features were pulled in to the FSD kit, with EAP no longer sold separately. Things like Navigate on Autopilot, automatic lane change, advanced summon, autopark are now part of FSD. Those now should work, but if you already had them, you are correct. You are not getting anything for your $99.

I'm feeling clueless about the FSD subscription. I paid the $99 through the phone app yesterday, thinking everything would be good to go. Well I can't seem to engage it in any way even though the autopilot and software screen show the capability as active...And there is nothing going on indicating anything about 'scoring' my driving either. What am I missing?

You'll need the Tesla app v4.1 or newer to view your driving score. I'm unsure if 2021.36 has the driving score but it certainly doesn't have the FSD request button. You'll need a different firmware and you'll need a new one to be released or ask Tesla to push 2021.32.25 if you can. Buying the software doesn't entitle you, somehow in Tesla's twisted logic, to actually get the software. I paid 5 years ago without anything.

that's the tesla MO. i guess you only spend a few hundred vs 10k like most people. you *do* get some extra features on top of basic AP, but it's not worth the 100$ imo
That’s great I was about to do the subscription to get button …u saved me some money lol …I have the old EAP so a lot of what I have minus city driving is good enough for me..I’m also glad I never gave Tesla my money even with the discount they offered a few years back for $2k 😀

Reactions: ngng
I’m on the same boat. 99 score on HW2.0 cameras. They wouldn’t include us in the scoring if there was no plan to have beta released to our cars.
Here is the first that I’ve seen Tesla/Elon admit upgraded cameras will be needed for HW2.0.
0C4AE3D1-2860-4171-900D-356FBD5EDBC2.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: croman and mxnym
I wonder which cameras need replacing. I already upgraded my repeater cameras to get the improved color view for the backup cameras and Teslacam. I still have AP2 front and b-pillar cameras though. Only a 96 safety score, so would be a while before I'm eligible anyway.

I'm devastated by us early adopters with HW2 to only NOW learn of camera update needed, for FSD BETA. I've been making myself & my wife crazy since September 25, obsessed by my safety score...which is 99 after 820 miles driven.

Yesterday was my 72nd birthday and was hoping to get a FSD BETA 10.3 " Birthday Present ".

It will be 5 years since I paid $8000 for EAP/FSD for my 2016 MX.

As a long time fan and supporter of Tesla, who has patiently waited for FSD and most recently FSD BETA, I feel disrespected and marginalized just learning about the HW2 CAMERA situation. Why weren’t we advised of this when we got the FSD BETA SAFETY SCORE BUTTON and were required to CONSENT to have our driving monitored?

I would like to hear other of your thoughts on this new revelation.

I never understood this fascination with FSD on city streets .. I’m totally happy with what I paid for EaP on my 2018 it does plenty already minus city streets. I foresee this ongoing with the beta whether it’s hardware requirements or addition computers etc I’m glad I don’t have the button and have to drive like that to get a perfect score 😀

I’ve had FSDbeta on my (original) HW2.5 2017 MX for 2 weeks. But I’ve been traveling and found it very difficult to try out on unfamiliar streets. Yesterday was my first use of it on streets near my home, and…. Oh wow, it is awful. It oversteers or under steers almost everything. It has succeeded at very few 90 degree turns. It wags the steering wheel back and forth on a straight stretch of road. It decides to change lanes at inappropriate times - wanting to go around stopped cars at stop lights and wanting to move into the left lane when a right hand turn is eminent. I had expected it to be too slow, but instead I was constantly dialing down the speed. You can’t always do the speed limit on a twisty road. I had expected there to be issues when there is a lot of traffic, unprotected left turns, etc, but had really thought it would have some of the basics down. I have only watched snippets of people’s FSD videos, but have not seen any with the outright failure my car is having. It behaves quite well on the highway and ok on secondary roads without FSDBeta turned on, so have hesitated to think it’s a camera calibration issue.

I have a model 3 waiting for FSDBeta. It’s had 100 score but missed on having enough miles. I got it over the 100 miles yesterday and anxious to try it out for comparison.

I'm devastated by us early adopters with HW2 to only NOW learn of camera update needed, for FSD BETA. I've been making myself & my wife crazy since September 25, obsessed by my safety score...which is 99 after 820 miles driven.

Yesterday was my 72nd birthday and was hoping to get a FSD BETA 10.3 " Birthday Present ".

It will be 5 years since I paid $8000 for EAP/FSD for my 2016 MX.

As a long time fan and supporter of Tesla, who has patiently waited for FSD and most recently FSD BETA, I feel disrespected and marginalized just learning about the HW2 CAMERA situation. Why weren’t we advised of this when we got the FSD BETA SAFETY SCORE BUTTON and were required to CONSENT to have our driving monitored?

In the same boat with you, however my wife has simply refused to drive the past 1100 miles. While I recovered from the first few days and built to/maintaining a 99 score, 400+ of those miles were un-needed driving. So a waste of time and energy, plus the miles on the car.

While I don't feel much surprise by Tesla's lack of notice to us, it is quite disheartening as mentioned, being early adopters, being so deprioritized. Happy Tesla is seeing such mega-success. But feels like their caught up with their success, and these days care less and less about us.

Reactions: Saxman