Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got another call from my SA. She said the reason my order was delayed was because Tesla moved to a new order scheduling system that she wasn't too familiar with. When I placed my order in mid-January I did ask that they "hold" my order until the end of March because I needed to repair my credit rating (was ~720, now ~800, phew!) - she says that she set my order's "don't deliver before" date to late March - however Tesla's order scheduling system by default moves all orders with "try to deliver by"-dates ahead of mine and consequently pushed my order back (as it didn't violate the "don't deliver before" constraint on my order).

Turns out this was the right decision because it meant that my order will now get the new MCU - otherwise my order would have gone into production sometime in mid-February and missed the new MCU date by a week or so (!!). She said that all new MX cars made from earlier in March will be getting the new Intel MCU - so they aren't still putting the Tegra MCU into new orders or trying to finish-off any remaining inventory they have. So that's a relief.

She said my order is now scheduled for production in the first week of April with delivery in mid-April.

She also said that it's possible the interest rate might remain unchanged at 1.49% in Q2 2018 - and she does not expect it to go above 1.99% in any event - and she'll try to secure a rate lock-in for me anyway.

So while I'm disappointed at the delay - I am pleased that it (unintentionally!) means I'll be getting the latest hardware. Just lucky, I guess.

Reactions: dlyle65535
My X just got delayed a week. Apparently the truck forgot to pick up my car and bring it AZ and no one communicated that with the AZ delivery center. That sucks. I asked for a loaner and they said they will try to get me one tomorrow and if none are available they will rent an Infinity for me until mine comes in. Bummer.

C7C4EF14-74F2-4BD1-AAA7-08BDEF732254.jpeg A6B310B1-0410-4C7F-826C-0DCD764A422C.jpeg
Congratulations! Pics pics.

Damn day 10 in production, went into production on 3/8 and status hasn't changed still. Was thinking it will change this weekend but no :(

Not sure how deliveries being held due to display issue on new MCUs is affecting current production vehicles but man taking it's sweet time in production.

Reactions: WINGIT
Looks fantastic .Enjoy your car. I have the same color combo and can't wait for mine (June).
BTW, did you check the other thread about deliveries being held up due to the instrument cluster going blank with the new MCU?
You might want to check with the SC as it is a safety issue .

I just checked and I have the new MCU. Knock on wood, no issues as of tonight.

Day 12 in production, definitely not normal since I'm seeing others status change to production complete. I reached out to OA since DS hasn't even said an initial hi till now. My OA said she will find out what's going on today. Hoping for some good news.