Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the interior? Mine is white seven seat. Just waiting to hear from DS (grr) to confirm Wednesday or Thurs delivery date.

White Premium interior with Carbon Fiber upgrade. 5-seat configuration. Black headliner.

Still waiting for the finance decision, gah.

And still waiting to hear if I'll have to pick it up in-person in Las Vegas (ROAD TRIP!) or if it will be delivered to Seattle/Bellevue - all to make the 31st March delivery date!

Reactions: cartech
For those who currently have cars in production or transit, can you post a screenshot of where I can find the status of the car? I purchased an inventory car that wasn't built yet at the time I placed the order and I am now less than 52 hours away from my scheduled delivery. My OA and delivery center said everything on track but my status is nowhere to be found on my Tesla account.

Thanks in advance.

For those who currently have cars in production or transit, can you post a screenshot of where I can find the status of the car? I purchased an inventory car that wasn't built yet at the time I placed the order and I am now less than 52 hours away from my scheduled delivery. My OA and delivery center said everything on track but my status is nowhere to be found on my Tesla account.

Thanks in advance.

See the post couple of posts above which shows screen shot of the page (Dai's Teala) and it has a manage button. Clicking on that takes you to another page which will show the status of the car. At least for custom orders it shows, believe should be same for inventory cars as well.

See the post couple of posts above which shows screen shot of the page (Dai's Teala) and it has a manage button. Clicking on that takes you to another page which will show the status of the car. At least for custom orders it shows, believe should be same for inventory cars as well.

This is what I see when I go into my managed page.
3-26-2018 1-48-41 PM.png

I got approved at the last minute - 0.99% interest over 6 years with 20% down! :D

It's with Chase Auto Financing (instead of the usual Alliance CU I hear about a lot) and interestingly - they want proof of income in the form of my 2 most recent tax returns and proof of residency as well - I guess because I'm a non-citizen.

Slight complication with the financing: when I filled-out the application form I said I was making a 20% downpayment - except it turns out that does not include sales-tax which is due on delivery, and given WA is a high sales-tax state, it means I'm needing to plonk effectively 30% down when I accept delivery. Ouch!

Not a deal-breaker, just added stress to loosen-up more funds at my end.

Also, turns out my finance application was delayed by a few hours because I put my annual income into a field marked "monthly income", gah. Take your time when filling these things out, kids!

Last edited:
Slight complication with the financing: when I filled-out the application form I said I was making a 20% downpayment - except it turns out that does not include sales-tax which is due on delivery, and given WA is a high sales-tax state, it means I'm needing to plonk effectively 30% down when I accept delivery. Ouch!

Not a deal-breaker, just added stress to loosen-up more funds at my end.

Also, turns out my finance application was delayed by a few hours because I put my annual income into a field marked "monthly income", gah. Take your time when filling these things out, kids!

Yeah I went with default 10% down and also have a old car for trade in. I would just have to come up with sales tax money. Do you know they will be charging the usual 10% or are their any state incentives for us in Seattle area for sales tax?

Do you know they will be charging the usual 10% or are their any state incentives for us in Seattle area for sales tax?

The spreadsheet I got from my SA back in January - and the finance documents I received from Chase Bank today both assumed a 10.4% sales tax with no deductions.

But I see this page here in the WA DOL that mentions there is indeed a Sales Tax exemption for EVs until 1st July 2019: WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Plug-In Hybrids Washington State Tax Exemptions - however it only lists the Model 3, not the Model S or X - and I don't know why. I'm still researching.

The credit says it's applied to the first $32,000 of the vehicle's sale price, but the 2016 FAQ says that vehicles above that price should still have the deduction: https://dor.wa.gov/legacy/Docs/Pubs/SpecialNotices/2016/sn_16_clean_alt_feul_hybrid.pdf - and to find out if a vehicle qualifies to call them on 360-902-3770, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Added stress today.

So it seems that Tesla has stopped using Alliance CU for financing - I saw that my credit was pulled by Chase Auto, US Bank, and "Wells Fargo Dealer Service" - Tesla went with Chase Auto for the 0.99% financing option.

My income is diversified - partly day-job, partly consulting, partly rental income, partly investments, and partly more volatile income like AdSense from some popular websites I own and run - I also max-out my pre-tax retirement contributions and my CPA does a good job at making a lot of my income pre-tax - so my AGI reported in my tax returns is not representative of my actual gross income. Unfortunately the Tesla Financing application only gives you two income fields - I need like 6 income fields. I muddied things by just grouping all my non-day-job was "rental income" - but oh no, they just had to start being pesky and asking questions! How unreasonable :D

Fortunately I actually under-stated my income in my application form - so hopefully they'll understand I wasn't making any material misrepresentations - so tonight I'm going to need to get together all the documentation to prove my income and I'm just stressing about being declined now for some reason - and it's only a couple of days right before delivery too!

Got my final price sheet, $130,743.51 after taxes and registration... Feeling guilty paying that much for the car :)

Hopefully, it's worth it and I won't regret. Definitely not showing the final offic to wife she thinks it's around 100k. And she was freaking out for that itself.

DS set-up a delivery time this Saturday at 3pm, exactly: "not before, and there's no time afterwards" - while I'm still waiting to hear from my contact at Tesla financing to confirm that Chase accepted my paperwork after they already approved my financing application - I'm also still waiting for some money transfers to land in my checking account - getting nervous with only 3 days to go now.

How do we make the actual downpayment? And how does it work on Saturdays (because the FedWire network is closed on Saturdays)? Do they have you send it on the Friday before?

DS set-up a delivery time this Saturday at 3pm, exactly: "not before, and there's no time afterwards" - while I'm still waiting to hear from my contact at Tesla financing to confirm that Chase accepted my paperwork after they already approved my financing application - I'm also still waiting for some money transfers to land in my checking account - getting nervous with only 3 days to go now.

How do we make the actual downpayment? And how does it work on Saturdays (because the FedWire network is closed on Saturdays)? Do they have you send it on the Friday before?

I am actually schedule to take delivery in 2 hrs and I was offered to do ACH transfer online or bring a check or cashier's check. My recommendation would be to give them a personal check since it will take a few days for them to process and hopeful enough time for your funds to clear.

• Informative
Reactions: DaiPlusPlus