Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey congrats! How are you finding it?
Tire noise on the highway is louder than I expected it to be. But then it is the only noise since the normal engine noise is gone. We leave for Cleveland tomorrow so we'll see what it's like on different surfaces. I-5 has some really worn sections between Portland and Salem.

The touch screen with the new MCU is really quite fast. Much faster than the test drive vehicle I tried back in December. Autopilot started to work at about mile 32 on the way home. It's very smooth in operation though lane changes are more abrupt than what I would normally do manually. It is a nice feeling knowing the car has checked the blind spots before changing lanes.

I like that advanced cruise control comes on with one pull on the stalk. Two pulls is what I'd call Autopilot. I can see plenty of times I would rather do the steering than have the car do it and that one pull seems to give me everything Autopilot does except the steering being taken over by the car.

I have the PUP and the sound system is very good. I like the door auto present too and the fact that it closes the door and locks up when you walk away.

The acceleration is a blast. My son drove it last night and I told him to just hammer it and see what happens. He started giggling.

Now I just need my wife to get comfortable driving it. She hasn't even drive it yet. She's afraid to.

And I still haven't noticed anything that wasn't put together correctly or is missing.

MX 100D white/sonic carbon wheels/7 seat white interior with carbon fiber. New MCU as expected. Took delivery on 3/28 at Bellevue, WA and updated spreadsheet.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: DaiPlusPlus
How did you get it without the front license plate? My DS said they're all sold with the front-bracket in-place.

It was in the front trunk and once I receive the license plates in mail, they will put it on for me if needed. They also mentioned no need to drill a hole and the brackets go under the bumper. May be since your's is inventory vehicle they had already did it in Nevada and DS said just to cover up? I saw lot of deliveries when I was there and to no car they were mounting any brackets. They didn't even do on my back, they will just put in the front trunk and wait until license plates arrive.

It was in the front trunk and once I receive the license plates in mail, they will put it on for me if needed. They also mentioned no need to drill a hole and the brackets go under the bumper. May be since your's is inventory vehicle they had already did it in Nevada and DS said just to cover up? I saw lot of deliveries when I was there and to no car they were mounting any brackets. They didn't even do on my back, they will just put in the front trunk and wait until license plates arrive.
No need to drill hole? Did they change the design? I had to drill for my 2016 bracket.

What the...

So as I mentioned previously, my thrice-delayed Custom Order was converted to an identical New Inventory car - which was in Tesla's Las Vegas location - but was promised it would arrive in Seattle/Bellevue for Saturday.

My SA contacted me just now to say that my car "is still, somehow, in Vegas"... and it's Thursday late-afternoon now.

So they're paying to get me and a friend on a flight out to Vegas for Saturday so we can drive it back and get home for Sunday.

What a way to break-in a new car with a 17 hour road-trip....

Oh, and they'll throw-in free 2-years' service, weather mats, and a free wall-connector.

What the...

So as I mentioned previously, my thrice-delayed Custom Order was converted to an identical New Inventory car - which was in Tesla's Las Vegas location - but was promised it would arrive in Seattle/Bellevue for Saturday.

My SA contacted me just now to say that my car "is still, somehow, in Vegas"... and it's Thursday late-afternoon now.

So they're paying to get me and a friend on a flight out to Vegas for Saturday so we can drive it back and get home for Sunday.

What a way to break-in a new car with a 17 hour road-trip....

Oh, and they'll throw-in free 2-years' service, weather mats, and a free wall-connector.

Wow that's a great deal actually if you don't mind driving from Vegas to Seattle. Assume you sure going to do it?

Couple of issues:

1. Unable to connect to wifi network. I have pretty great wifi setup at home/range and speed not an issue but my MX just doesn't connect. I tries and fails.
2. Also, read somewhere may be reset will do the trick but guess what reset doesn't work :) (using pressing and holding both scroll wheels)

Called my local Tesla service, and they checked some notes on their end, apparently both are known issues. I knew WiFi connection problem on new vehicles but didn't know about unable to reset. Service mentioned that on some new vehicles having new MCU, we can do reset using the press and hold method. They mentioned we should be expecting a software update anytime now and the version will be 2018.10.12

That's what they told me when I asked them about drilling a hole...I haven't gotten a chance to look at the brackets.
They specifically told me don't drill a hole and if needed get the plates to them and they will fit that.
The Model-S doesn't need to drill a hole, but the X does (unless they changed the design in the last 12 months). Maybe the DS is confusing the two. If you really don't want holes drilled into your X bumper, I would instruct the DS not to mount the front plate and wait until you inspect the hardware before giving them the go-ahead.