Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN popped up in source code this morning and received the text to set up delivery shortly after. Ordered on 10/18 Black MX LR with 22” Wheels. Delivery scheduled for 12/17 in Buena Park.

Wait, that is my car. Just kidding. Congrats. I am in LA, also ordered black MX LR with 22" but didn't order until 10/31. Hopefully this means it will be soon. Update us on pick up experience and build quality once you get the car.

Ordered 10/6 - LR, Red/cream, 7 seat - Seattle area

As of this Wednesday, no VIN, no-one at Tesla had any idea when I would take delivery, were surprised it was taking so long (9.5 weeks), but couldn't do anything about it. I am heading out on vacation on 19th, so had pretty much given up getting my X this year and was missing the tax credit.

Anyway, after my calls on Wednesday, I got contacted by the local Tesla sales manager in afternoon to let me know a new demo X with exact specs had been released for sale in the area - 2019, 500 miles, "old" seats. Went to have a look at it Wednesday afternoon, took ownership yesterday evening! Got a small discount as was a demo vehicle

So, I did get a 2019 and not 2020, older seats, and 500 miles of use. On the plus side, I did get a small discount, I could check panel fit-and-finish beforehand (pretty good for MX), and assume no problems as had been used for a few test drives.

Picked up at Bellevue store; was crazy busy; said they were delivering up to 60 cars a day!

Sorry to hear that you had to go this path, however it seems that you're happy and this the most important. I finally picked up mine today with a lot of back and forth from Tesla. They were able to replace the glass. Overall panel gaps seems fine, and I couldn't actually find any issues - but will double-check more thoroughly tomorrow.

Ordered 10/6 - LR, Red/cream, 7 seat - Seattle area

As of this Wednesday, no VIN, no-one at Tesla had any idea when I would take delivery, were surprised it was taking so long (9.5 weeks), but couldn't do anything about it. I am heading out on vacation on 19th, so had pretty much given up getting my X this year and was missing the tax credit.

Anyway, after my calls on Wednesday, I got contacted by the local Tesla sales manager in afternoon to let me know a new demo X with exact specs had been released for sale in the area - 2019, 500 miles, "old" seats. Went to have a look at it Wednesday afternoon, took ownership yesterday evening! Got a small discount as was a demo vehicle

So, I did get a 2019 and not 2020, older seats, and 500 miles of use. On the plus side, I did get a small discount, I could check panel fit-and-finish beforehand (pretty good for MX), and assume no problems as had been used for a few test drives.

Picked up at Bellevue store; was crazy busy; said they were delivering up to 60 cars a day!

I have no idea what's going on with these waits or how they decide which cars they're doing or in what order. We ordered a Blue/White LR 7 Seater the first week of November and just picked it up today. Good lord this car is gorgeous. Had 4 miles on it. Picked it up in Bellevue which was pretty busy. Our delivery person said they did 70 deliveries today.

Traffic getting out of Bellevue was so bad that Autopilot was calibrated before we got on I405. I actually put the car in park while sitting in traffic just so I could enable it. Coming from a pre-autopilot S, this is just a whole different beast. Not to knock the old car, it was/is an incredible car that treated us very well. This is just... on another level.

Enjoy your new car! Hope things speed up for everyone else real soon. There is light at the end of this tunnel!

Reactions: Paul8810
I just got an email from Tesla saying to confirm my 'delivery availabilty'. It didn't give me a vin or say that it was ready. It said del times are from 9am to 12 midnight every day. But the dates started from 12/22 to 12/31. And they wanted to me to say what days I wasn't available or if I could do any day.
I ordered my car on 11/8 a blue Model X LR with black interior and 6 seats and 22inch wheels.

Did others get this email?

I just got an email from Tesla saying to confirm my 'delivery availabilty'. It didn't give me a vin or say that it was ready. It said del times are from 9am to 12 midnight every day. But the dates started from 12/22 to 12/31. And they wanted to me to say what days I wasn't available or if I could do any day.
I ordered my car on 11/8 a blue Model X LR with black interior and 6 seats and 22inch wheels.

Did others get this email?
Yep I got it around 11:00 pm pst last night. Same email.

Wow are you serious? Ok thats just wrong...i feel your frustration. Tesla seems to have no rhyme or reason to how they schedule deliveries.

Yep.

This your car too? 'm so ticked off I'm actually thinking about canceling.

upload_2019-12-18_11-12-50.png

Just picked up my X, 2 months and a 1 since ordering. Also just dropped it off to get ceramic coating, tinting etc.
Shop called and they do not see any paint problems so they'll get going on the coating. They also check out the panel gaps etc and didn't see anything horrible which is what I thought as well.

Love the car... only 9 miles driven. Is it Friday morning yet?