Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P100D Raven with AP 2.5 HW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I'm confused, I ordered a Model X P100D Raven in July took delivery last week. I made the Codec test and it seems like there is AP 2.5 HW. :(

I thought that all Raven Models already have AP 3.0 HW. Difficult to add FSD later without the appropriate hardware.
VIN 11889xx

Hi,
I'm confused, I ordered a Model X P100D Raven in July took delivery last week. I made the Codec test and it seems like there is AP 2.5 HW. :(

I thought that all Raven Models already have AP 3.0 HW. Difficult to add FSD later without the appropriate hardware.
VIN 11889xx

A recent update made it so that even on AP3, the recordings are in h.264. If your vehicle is a Raven, then it's more than likely AP3. You would have to do a physical check to confirm if you want to.

I didn't think Ravens were P100D's anymore - Just Performance. Does the badge say P100D? if so, I don't think it's a Raven. A Performance Raven's badge would say "Dual Motor" with a red underline. I'd also check what your range is. The Performance Ravens at 100% would be 305 miles at 100% SOC.

A recent update made it so that even on AP3, the recordings are in h.264. If your vehicle is a Raven, then it's more than likely AP3. You would have to do a physical check to confirm if you want to.

Oh thanks, I have 2019.28.3.1 installed and codec h,264. So I can hope that it is AP 3.0. everything is much faster compared to my old AP1.0 but I've never seen a AP 2.5 for comparing.

Hi,

VIN 11889xx

If you have FSD and HW2.5, Tesla will (eventually) upgrade you to HW3.
They have just started upgrading some early HW2.5 S&X to HW3 here in the States.

@Asterix777 what is the build date from the sticker on your door frame?

Based on the comment above about using the same codec now on all versions, I don't think you have anything to worry about. In either case, they have said the FSD computer can be upgraded if someone purchases FSD in the future.

I thought Raven was about motors and batteries, not AP.

Tesla just seems to update computer hardware with little fanfare or announcements. Like when they updated the display system from 32 to 64 bit systems in March 2018 with no announcements until the vehicles were in customer's hands.

I thought Raven was about motors and batteries, not AP.

Tesla just seems to update computer hardware with little fanfare or announcements. Like when they updated the display system from 32 to 64 bit systems in March 2018 with no announcements until the vehicles were in customer's hands.
Raven was about the updated suspension and permanent magnet motor upgrade in the front which made it more efficient, smoother and faster. AP 3 was also part of it but really depends on when the vehicle was built. As far as I know the battery is still the same 18650’s in the 100KWh pack. This is why it can’t supercharge as fast as the 3’s that use the newer 3150 batteries in their packs

Raven was about the updated suspension and permanent magnet motor upgrade in the front which made it more efficient, smoother and faster. AP 3 was also part of it but really depends on when the vehicle was built. As far as I know the battery is still the same 18650’s in the 100KWh pack. This is why it can’t supercharge as fast as the 3’s that use the newer 3150 batteries in their packs

If having AP3 depends on when you Raven motored car was built than I would consider AP3 not part of Raven. That is, AP3 is a separate hardware update that was installed at a time when only Raven S and Xs were being made.